Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:48 PM
gunner15

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite_KG View Post
I had bought a Mark IV to build a Kraken only to have Tandemkross release the BYOK kit about three weeks later. I sold the Mark IV and built the Kraken with the BYOK. Took a little loss of course. Very satisfied with the custom build thus far.

Attachment 281821
Nice build! The green looks lighter than what Tandemcross has on there web site How about a couple more pictures?
Old 01-07-2022, 09:22 PM
Elite_KG

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newageroman View Post
awesome build.
I was about to muy a 22/45 lite for just the lower parts but just found out about the BYOK kit.

Its out of stock at the moment but my question now is will the rebuild kit

https://www.tandemkross.com/rebuild_...r-mark_iv-2245

which IS in stock work if I just get a Kraken frame with it and have a volquartsen Mk II trigger kit and bolt. Comparing the old MKIIs to the new mkIVs looks the main difference was the hammer spring. If that is in this new kit,

Looking at the kraken build video, looks like there is a frame lug and frame lug screw that is needed from the old frame.
No, the new release Kraken frame comes with the frame lug and screw. Nothing is needed from a donor pistol. I built mine with no donor pistol.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:24 PM
Elite_KG

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner15 View Post
Nice build! The green looks lighter than what Tandemcross has on there web site How about a couple more pictures?
The lighting makes it look a little lighter. The green is using the FX clear on the Cerakote. I believe its the FX Cosmic clear. I will try to get some additional pictures up tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2022, 10:58 PM
doubleduece

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Love my Kraken so far. I took my youngest daughter with me to the range as she getting ready to try her first rimfire challenge match and I wanted to make sure her pistol and rifle were setup correctly. I Brought my newly built Kraken with me to sight it in as well. Well true to form, my daughter took a liking to it so I may be out this pistol too.
The frame was fun to build but if you have fat fingers and have a time with normal frames be aware that the Kraken with BYOK parts kit up the anty a tad. Overall it was a blast and really shoots so nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220107-182403_Gallery_1642219044981.jpg (248.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-14-2022, 11:06 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Those are some smokin' Krakens (see what I did there?).