Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

17-5 question

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  killerv 
#1 ·
Ran across a super clean one today at a local store. So clean I was asking where the box was, but there wasn't one. Magna grips. 6in barrel. What's a fair price for one of these? is the -5 one to avoid? Sure would go nice with my 19-3 6in. Thanks.

#2 ·
I’ve never heard of anything wrong with a -5 .I have 17-3,-4,-6’s, pre-18, & 617-6 and am looking at -9 . Haven’t seen a k22 I didn’t like. With that said I would think 5-700.00would be average , but how nice and how bad you want it is up to you on price.

#3 ·
thanks

can get it for 700 otd. Id say if it had the box it would be 98%. Just wish it had the bigger stocks on it...but that being said, the smaller stocks would be perfect for my kids coming up. I almost bought a 6in 617 last year but it was just too heavy and the lock irks me every time I lay eyes on it. I dig wood/blued stuff that has been taken care of. Only downside to blued stuff in hot humid georgia summers is making sure you wipe them down well after use.

#4 ·
If it's as nice as you say you're probably always going to get your money back as the k22 has quite the following. Locks never bothered me but just for the record a 4" 617 weighs basically the same as the 6" blued 17 and you should be able to check that out on S&W's web site. They made a few special runs of regular barrel 617's but those are commanding very high prices . It's ashamed S&W doesn't see there is quite the market for a standard bull barrel in stainless. One more thing, check eBay " S&W k-frame grips " , factory grips are fairly pricey but if you want the target grip the nock off from Thailand fit very good and are reasonable. The 17-5 is a square butt .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.