Another silencerco sparrow in jail - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-21-2021, 04:09 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (46)
Another silencerco sparrow in jail

They said current wait is 5-8 months, we shall see. Thought about one of the dead air mask but the sparrow was $299. Canít beat that.

Iron
Old 01-21-2021, 04:27 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Love my Sparrow. I know there's newer tech out but for its size and weight it does a wonderful job muffling the pew pews!

I have learned not to go too long between cleanings or it's a bear to get the guts out. First time I waited 1500 rounds or so and regretted it. Now every 500 seems to be perfect. I wet the innards down with ATF too which I didn't do initially.

Have fun!

Frank
Old 01-21-2021, 05:00 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (46)
I figured out the same. If you take off the rear cap and screw it back onto a barrel it makes it a bit easier. Iíd say 500 rounds is about normal
For me too. I spray mine with welders anti spatter spray but Iím sure there are many things that help. I looked at some of the newer stuff but the sparrow is simple and robust and does a great job. Have to remember to take the o-rings to work to get some freebies, silencerco is proud of theirs.

Iron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2021, 10:21 PM
echo26

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Started to grab one on Silencer Shop for that price. It’s backordered now I believe. They metered the sparrow on suppressed nation and actually beat out the mask that day on a rifle.I have three threaded rimfire rifles two threaded rimfire pistols. Ultimately I’d like to have a can for each host so need three more. I think a sparrow for one of the rifles would be perfect especially at 299.
Btw my mask which approved this month was 190 from purchase to hand. Two months quicker than my last one.

Last edited by echo26; 02-20-2021 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-21-2021, 02:14 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (46)
They told me 6-9 months maybe longer. This is the busy time of year for me so I donít think the wait will be that bad. Should be home in a few weeks and Iím going to put a mask and dead air 30 in jail. Hopefully Iíll see them before Christmas

I really think when you get into the upper tier of suppressors there isnít too much of a difference. I do like the way the sparrow comes apart.

Iron