Springfield 1922 M2 - Damaged! - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-22-2021, 02:59 PM
B17flyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Springfield 1922 M2 - Damaged!

I ordered a Springfield 1922 M2 from a reputable seller on Gunbroker. It was in very nice condition and I jumped on the Buy It Now for $1379.00. The gun was shipped via FedEx and insured but it got hung up in the bad weather at the hub in Memphis. Apparently while there it got manhandled and showed up at my FFL 10 days after it was supposed to. The box was damaged and the windage knob on the Lyman 48C was broken off.

The seller is willing to take it back and give me a full refund or refund $350 to compensate me for the damage. I am leaning towards taking the $350 and keeping it because it is in such nice condition but my question is, what are my chances of finding a replacement knob/shaft (the threaded shaft is broken) or a complete sight? Is there an equivalent I can buy and steal parts from to fix it?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Old 02-22-2021, 05:04 PM
Artd
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
The $350 compensation is extremely generous. I would definitely take it it and repair the sight.

You should be able to salvage parts form another Lyman 48, and it does not to be a 48C just the same version. Worst case, you buy a complete 48C or S for $150 - $200 and you still have some cash left over. Do the assembly numbers on your sight match?

Art

PS - Parts from this slide should work.

LYMAN 48 SLIDE-for-Win-Mod-70-Heavy-Barrel-Nat-Match-Bull-Barrel

Last edited by Artd; 02-22-2021 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-22-2021, 05:45 PM
ClarenceAnderson
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes, dealer is exceptionally generous--not the rule on GB! And I thought FedEx was much safer than UPS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2021, 08:15 PM
B17flyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks gents. I will pick it up from my FFL tomorrow. I had pretty much decided to take his offer as I thought it was fair. Just wanted to be sure any repair/replacement options weren’t made of unobtainium.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:25 PM
Herschel
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
B17flyboy,
I have some 48C parts and may have just what you need. I will check tomorrow and see
what parts I have. May can save you buying a complete sight.
Old 02-23-2021, 10:24 AM
B17flyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I picked up the gun from my FFL. Everything looked good except the broken windage knob so I have accepted the sellers compensation and will purchase the sight recommended on ebay for parts. Will need to figure out how it comes apart once I get it home and remove the sight from the receiver.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:11 PM
Herschel
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
To remove the windage/elevation slide from the base just turn the knurled nut on the front
of the sight base counter clockwise as far as it will go. Then press it in and life the slide out
of the slot. To re-assemble it do the opposite but make sure the flat part on the release screw
is flush with the inside of the base or the slide will hit in when re-assembling. There is no need
to remove the sight base from the receiver.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:31 PM
B17flyboy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you Herschel. I will commence surgery shortly.