Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Marlin Picture Thread

282K views 679 replies 378 participants last post by  scout22 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and didn't notice a picture thread in the Marlin area. I thought maybe we could start one if you guys have any pics.

#117 · (Edited)
Since I only saw one pump so far thought I should show these.

Sav22,
I haven't seen that many 18's, 20's, & 38's together in a long time. Hard to tell, but is that a 37 on top of the 38's and a 28 in the middle of the top group? Real nice collection.:bthumb:

Just when I'm thinking of selling off my Marlin pumps........................
What you see pictured is what happen's when upgrading is not evened out by selling - (there are (4) 29's each better than the one before). From top to bottom, pointing right - 37 star stamped - 29 - 29 - 47 -18 round barrel - 18 round barrel (better!), pointing left - 20A late post WWI production tapered barrel, bullseye logo in butt and star stamped on side of tang under the wood - 20A pre war - 29 - 29 - 37 - 32 (yes with the special rear sight) - 38

Still a lot of models and variations missing but I believe I will concentrate on getting rid of the extras first.

#120 ·
Sav22,
I haven't seen that many 18's, 20's, & 38's together in a long time. Hard to tell, but is that a 37 on top of the 38's and a 28 in the middle of the top group? Real nice collection.:bthumb:

Just when I'm thinking of selling off my Marlin pumps........................

#127 ·
Just bought a 60sn two weeks ago and have had it out to the range once since then, fired 100 rounds and not one problem with it!

I had a hard time deciding between the remington 597 and the marlin but in the end the marlin seemed to have more going for it, not to mention i prefer the look of a rifle with a tube magazine.
Andre

#140 ·
Just bought a 60sn two weeks ago and have had it out to the range once since then, fired 100 rounds and not one problem with it!

I had a hard time deciding between the remington 597 and the marlin but in the end the marlin seemed to have more going for it, not to mention i prefer the look of a rifle with a tube magazine.
Andre[/QUOTE

I have to agree. After shouldering a few different rimfires the marlin 60 felt the best and seemed more solid than the others. The marlin was the only one w/ laminate stock, the others were black synthetic.

#128 ·
Mine was a Christmas gift from my brother in 1988, and it was the first brand new gun I ever owned. I still have it, and it's still in beautiful condition, and is a great shooter. I just picked up an old Weaver C4 scope and mount and can't wait to try it out with that on it.

#129 ·
The 870 kicks like a mule unless you get a super soft pad.
How about an 1100 or 1187? Thats what my wife prefers.
Actually, after a visit with my father, he decided to give her an old Winchester Model 1912 in 20 gauge that used to belong to my grandfather. It's a nice little gun...except for the poly-choke that someone welded onto the muzzle. A replacement barrel will take care of that, though...if I can find one for a reasonable price. It's not a lefty, but it'll do.

#130 ·
Chris M the .22's are addicting because they are cheap to shoot. I have 4 with another one on the way in a little over a week. I have shot guns and other large hand guns but if I am heading to the range I grab my 9mm and a couple of .22s. I have a newer M60 and love it. I have loved the gun from the second I got it home. It is more accurate then you would ever expect with iron sites right out of the box. It will go to my grave with me if I have a choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.