Back From IR Nationals - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-06-2003, 12:16 PM
TangoTwo
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Back From IR Nationals

WHAT A SHOW!

Got back home about midnight last night. Long weekend but well worth the effort. If any of you gets a chance to go to the nats, by all means, go. It was a virtual who's who of benchrest fimfire. Got to play with the big dogs all weekend. Renegade and I didn't embarass ourselves too badly if you throw out the sporters. Sat. posted the highest scores. In every class it took a 250 to win. In the 10 1/2 17th place was a 249-??x. In the 13 1/2 class 5th place was a 250-??x don't remember the x count but was impressed with the scores. Those are some good numbers.

Sunday was another matter. Some of the worst conditions I have ever shot. Wind was constantly switching directions and velocity. I shot on bench #1 for my last target yesterday. There is a berm tight alongside the range. Thought I would be smart. Studied the conditions for the first 20 minutes of the relay before mine. Sat right behind bench 1 and picked my condition I was going to shoot. Not so smart. I don't think I got to shoot six shots in that condition the whole 30 minutes I was on the line.

I thought I was the only one baffled until I talked to the other shooters. Lots of comments along the lines of: couldn't get a condition to shoot, totally frustrating, couldn't get a handle on the wind, no idea why that shot went where it did, never saw anything like this. Keep in mind, these are comments from the good guys. It sure was a learning experience. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Gary and Kent good luck this weekend in SC. Say hi to everybody for me.

Ken
Old 10-06-2003, 01:32 PM
Tenspot
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to Tenspot
Ken,

I'm glad you and Renegade got to compete and have fun! Sounds like a real good time, even with the tough wind on Sunday. Keep em" centered!

IR50/50 will more than likely be my first sanctioned matches, over the river in MN. Looking forward to it, I can only wonder how much I have to learn!?!?!?
Old 10-06-2003, 04:05 PM
Tn. Hillbilly

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Glad y'all had a great time Ken. I'll be sure to say hi for you. I read the post on BRC. That was some tough competition and great shooting. Hopefully, I'll be there for next year's shoot.

I read the post where Forester said the lower number benches in S.C. are tough in a N.E. wind...the weather forecast is for N.E wind....guess where I shoot three relays.

Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Renegade

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
All I can add to Kens comments is "WOW"!!!!

I took a look at the IR50/50 list, and as far as I can remember, at least 20 of the top 25 where there, and probably more than half of the top 50. What an exhibition of awesome shooting!

Ken was right on about Sundays weather, and the effects on everybody. There was a whole lot of head shaking going on, even from the big dogs. I was setting up while Keith Lovan was clearing his stuff off the bench next to mine. He shot a 246, and his comment was "I'm happy with that, in these conditions". Yikes!! Another seasoned shooter was heard muttering "I hate this game", after that relay!

The only other thing I can add, is that not one person there seemed at all stuck up. Every one was willing to help out with advice for the new guys. I'm going next year, for sure!!
Todd
Old 10-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Kent Owens

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ken, Todd,
Sounds like you guys had a great time. I noticed Steve Lawson and Steve Arnold did well, with Steve Arnold winning in 10-1/2 and Steve Lawson winning the two gun with a 500-?? score. Johnny Robinson also did well in the 50 meters. Those are some of the guys Hillbilly and I are up against every match, and it's a lot of fun. It was good to see some of the home boys do well up there! Like Gary, maybe I can make it next year. I'm looking forward to the RBA Nats next weekend--hope I don't embarress myself too bad