Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 09:13 PM
Hemicruiser
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cabela's C&R Acceptance problem for 52C.

I went to the Cabela's to pick up my Winchester 52C which was shipped from the La Vista store to the Christiana Delaware store. My C&R was turned down because the C&R lists the Winchester Model 52 rifle, bearing S/Ns 1 to 6500.in section II. The rifle was mfr in 1956. What is wrong here? George.
Old 08-01-2021, 08:54 PM
MIKEWISKEY

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
they didn't read the part about "anything over 50 years old"
Old 08-01-2021, 09:12 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Why do you need a C&R if the rifle was shipped from an FFL to an FFL. Can't they just transfer it to you at the store it was shipped to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2021, 09:55 PM
ClarenceAnderson
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
Why do you need a C&R if the rifle was shipped from an FFL to an FFL.
You don't. Cabella's doesn't honor C&Rs. Or even the ATF "antique" exemption.
Old 08-01-2021, 10:00 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceAnderson View Post
You don't. Cabella's doesn't honor C&Rs. Or even the ATF "antique" exemption.

Their ffl software doesnít provide for those options, a gun comes in its recorded, A gun goes out its either a transfer to another ffl, or a sale , if its a sale, it needs a background check.
Old 08-01-2021, 10:19 PM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Their ffl software doesn’t provide for those options, a gun comes in its recorded, A gun goes out its either a transfer to another ffl, or a sale , if its a sale, it needs a background check.
Software??? So is that imposed on the company by ATF or what? Why would you make excuses for what's obviously a deliberate corporate choice to ignore the C&R exmemption?
Old 08-01-2021, 11:24 PM
alro41
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Another "let's make a mountain out of a mole hill" post.
Old 08-02-2021, 03:02 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Software??? So is that imposed on the company by ATF or what? Why would you make excuses for what's obviously a deliberate corporate choice to ignore the C&R exmemption?
No. Its not some hideous plot by the Alphabet Agencies of America

Its canned software. That produces reports the store needs to comply . Its limited in its capacity.

Gun in , Gun out. Inventory and ffl reporting.
Old 08-02-2021, 07:48 AM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
No. Its not some hideous plot by the Alphabet Agencies of America

Its canned software. That produces reports the store needs to comply . Its limited in its capacity.

Gun in , Gun out. Inventory and ffl reporting.
Are you saying that Cabella's has no choice in the software they use, their hands are tied, there's no alternative to that particular software? That argument doesn't stand up to reason, because if it were true, than no FFL would honor C&Rs. It's unfortunately true that most do not, but some--who respect their customers--do.

No one said or implied that the "plot" was the doing of the Alphabet Agencies of America. It's the doing of individual FFL holders who on their own initiative refuse to honor the provisions of federal firearms law concerning legally defined antiques & Section 2 firearms. These are the dealers you are defending; why, I can't imagine.
Old 08-02-2021, 07:52 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Are you saying that Cabella's has no choice in the software they use, their hands are tied, there's no alternative to that particular software? That argument doesn't stand up to reason, because if it were true, than no FFL would honor C&Rs. It's unfortunately true that most do not, but some--who respect their customers--do.

No one said or implied that the "plot" was the doing of the Alphabet Agencies of America. It's the doing of individual FFL holders who on their own initiative refuse to honor the provisions of federal firearms law concerning legally defined antiques & Section 2 firearms. These are the dealers you are defending; why, I can't imagine.
Geez , dont be so vicious. Its what they have. And they picked it so they can do the background checks digitally and store it digitally. Its easier for them.

And maybe its to keep people like you out of their lives

Do you want to speak to my supervisor?
Old 08-02-2021, 08:05 AM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cabala's is not a customer-focused firearms dealer, they are a big-box retail store. I couldn't be bothered to go chasing down revenue reports, but I'd bet a dollar they make more on name-brand t-shirts and underwear than they do in firearms-related sales.

This would be like expecting the spotted-faced kid at Home Depot to be the go-to for in-home plumbing repair advice.

If you want customer service, use a LGS. Of course, they are not all equal. Out of several locally, there is only one I would trust.
Old 08-02-2021, 08:38 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Cabelalas is owned by Bass Pro, which is a privately owned company . So no public disclosure of gun sales is made or required.

But my experience with them is that Cabelas has 60% + of their staff at the gun counter, 30 % at the cash registers and 10% in t shirts. They make money selling new and used firearms, but arenít geared to the smaller C&R market, or the smaller NFA market. Its a sell to the masses business. And since theyve closed the gun library, due to covid, and the dirth of used guns, its no longer my first stop on my gun store circuit, but its still a stop. Like mc donalds, sometimes i want a Diet Coke for $1. But i dont get angry if they wont give me a lime in it
Old 08-02-2021, 09:30 AM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Geez , dont be so vicious. Its what they have. And they picked it so they can do the background checks digitally and store it digitally. Its easier for them.
Easier for them? What about the legal rights of their customers? If merely pointing out the transparent falsity of your explanation for Cabella's refusal to follow the law represents "viciousness" to you, you must find the world a dangerous place.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:37 AM
ClarenceAnderson

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyguy View Post
Cabala's is not a customer-focused firearms dealer, they are a big-box retail store.
Not any more, that's for sure, but they were when actively managed by Dick Cabela & his family. It was a black day for sportsmen when they cashed in their chips & sold their name. (Though not as black as the fate of the store I grew up with, L.L.Bean, once a great hunter's gear store, now a yuppie clothes merchant.)
Old 08-02-2021, 10:18 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Easier for them? What about the legal rights of their customers? If merely pointing out the transparent falsity of your explanation for Cabella's refusal to follow the law represents "viciousness" to you, you must find the world a dangerous place.
Your tone is aggressive and pedantic. FYI, the bill of rights is between you and the government, not between you and a private business.

Its like complaining they dont sell flobert ammunition . They dont have to. Why dont you sue them like the wedding cake people.
Closed Thread