Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-28-2021, 05:40 PM
sulfur-n-steel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Remington Model 12c help

I have an issue with an old Remington 12c that I picked up and am trying to get restored and working.

So far it's been a great project, just one issue I can't seem to get past.

Looking at a schematic, but still not exactly sure of the right part names.
I believe it would be called a bolt/slide release, it's the push/toggle located in the trigger gaurd, at the top, it's pushed to release the slide when the rifle is empty to load the first cartridge.

That button/toggle presses, but it moves around slightly. When the tube is empty (no bullets), it works fine and the slide will come back as it's suppose to. But sometimes it's tricky to get press it up correctly.

With bullets in the loading tube, the slide wont come back. The cartridges are getting hung up every time.

But, if I hit the release, pull the slide back, and load the tube, which it's tricky to load because there's a gate in the way when you do that, the slide advances and it works just fine.

I havent pulled it apart since taking it out the other day to look at it again, but I was wondering if anyone else knew this issue, or had the same issue that they had a fix for it.

-Thanks
Old 04-28-2021, 06:03 PM
Dead Eagle Eye
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Check to make sure there is a cartridge retainer. Sometimes they are missing and cause feeding issues.
Old 04-28-2021, 08:15 PM
sulfur-n-steel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Eagle Eye View Post
Check to make sure there is a cartridge retainer. Sometimes they are missing and cause feeding issues.
Thanks! I'll hit the schematic and see if I can find it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2021, 08:34 PM
joe45c
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
It's a part that falls out all the time when the gun is taken apart. Pretty easy to lose.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:27 PM
fugawe

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine had a similar problem. If I pushed the piece inside the trigger guard it would hang things up, I don't remember exactly how, it's been quite a while. If I pushed the piece in the indentation in front of the trigger guard it would operate flawlessly. You are moving the same piece, just not as far. This was on a 1913 non-suffix model 12.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:13 PM
sulfur-n-steel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been working on this trying to find the part in question.
I think I found it, but the assembly is held together by such a tiny pin im afraid to try to drive it out.
Not to mention I dont have a punch small enough to even do that.
It seems like its just not moving well.
I did some oiling and moving it, think ill pull it apart again and blow it out real well with air see if any dirt or gunk comes out.

That small release at the bottom of the trigger gaurd is part of the problem I think.
I cant always press it, I have to wiggle it forward sometimes.

Once I get it working though, it seems to work.

So if I get it loaded with the pump back, I can fire off the full tube with no issues at all.

Thanks for the feedback all!