Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-16-2021, 12:14 PM
RogerKipwell
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry88 View Post
You have to remember how many 30, 40 and even 50 year olds are still dependent on their parents.............

Ever notice how many offspring these days are not doing as well as their parents? Or grandparents?
I'm not doing as well as my father did but that's largely my fault. I let my marriage ruin my career.

That said, I am stunned by how many adult children have their parents buying appliances for them. These old people will come in with their 40ish children in tow who have their children with them. The kids "can't afford" a new washer and dryer so mom/dad are buying them a set. However, the kids have iPhones as do their children.

When I got out of college and moved out, I would have to have been in very dire straits before I'd call my dad and ask for help.

Last edited by RogerKipwell; 04-16-2021 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2021, 12:15 PM
RogerKipwell

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankythunder View Post
For every ignorant basterd there is someone who appreciates your assistance.
Thanks.
Old 04-16-2021, 12:16 PM
RogerKipwell

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
Hey RK, are you sure that customer is not from the U.S.A.?
I don't know what his country of origin has to do with it but he speaks with a Picksburgh accent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2021, 03:31 PM
vet6771
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
One would think that the guy...yeah, well, they're everywhere. One of my favorites so far is one of my son's story about stain. He works in a hardware store in the paint department. People come in to buy stain and don't understand that all the paint has to be sanded off first, before applying the stain. They'll point to the samples and ask why, if the samples look like wood grain. These people are in their 50s and 60s and one would think that they knew at least that much. If I worked there I'd tell them to hire a painter. That would get me fired, though.
If you really want to lose some sleep, just think about them in the voting booth!
Old 04-16-2021, 03:35 PM
vet6771

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyork View Post
"When you are dead, you don't know you are dead, it's only hard for the people around you. It's the same way when you're stupid".. Anon.
"I see stupid people. They don't know they're stupid. They're everywhere."

-Apologies to M. Night Shyamalan-
Old 04-16-2021, 03:39 PM
vet6771

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS225 View Post
And you want to know what's really disturbing about a huge percentage of those "stupid" ones?........They actually have high school diplomas and college degrees.

Almost makes a guy feel embarrassed to be a fellow human.

Roger
I understand that they now have to offer the High School Diplomas on an MP3 files for those who can't read.
Old 04-16-2021, 04:51 PM
gewehrfreund
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vet6771 View Post
"I see stupid people. They don't know they're stupid. They're everywhere."

-Apologies to M. Night Shyamalan-
Old 04-16-2021, 08:14 PM

Moved back east of the Cascades where sanity still exists!
TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Stupid should hurt!
FM
Old 04-16-2021, 08:51 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynmoose View Post
Stupid should hurt!
FM
It does - it just doesn't hurt those afflicted.....

Old 04-19-2021, 08:12 AM
RogerKipwell

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This happened the other day, sadly it isn't an isolated incident.

Phone call: Hello, may I help you?

I'm need to buy a new TV.

Ma'am, we don't sell TVs.

What I need is one that isn't too big.

Ma'am, we don't sell TVs.

Well, what I want is. .. .

We don't sell TVs. Try Best Buy.

I'm a widow (they always play the widow card, as if we have a secret supply for widows).

We don't sell TVs, try Best Buy.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:43 AM
RogerKipwell

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Another all too common conversation regards measuring for refrigerators. I am astounded at how many people, men and women, don't know how to read a ruler.

Unlike ranges and dishwashers, refrigerators don't really have standard sizes and over time refers have gotten wider/taller/deeper. So to make sure that your desired appliance will fit, we ask you to measure the space for the fridge. Many people have trouble with that idea. They also have trouble measuring things.

Quite often people will give me a measurement of their existing fridge that is really low for the width that they've measured. It turns out that these geniuses didn't measure from the floor. They just measured the height of the door "Becuz I didn't know that height went from the floor." At that I ask, "When you measure your kids, do you start from the f-ing floor or their ankle bone?"
Old 05-19-2021, 09:23 AM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Some of our best customers are a bit shy in the knowledge department Roger and they depend on us to help them make rational buying decisions. Help which we are happy to give in exchange for their patronage. Symbiotic relationships are the best kind I think

Have you considered working for the local DMV? Good pay and benefits and you've certainly got the right attitude!

Frank
Old 05-19-2021, 10:32 AM
Discontinued

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes common sense is highly uncommon!

I too have been witness to the stupidity of the average person.

So many examples I can think of related to my job.

Such as a professor getting lost in our office which is on one floor with 3 entrance's.

He came to complain that no one from the ICT department wasn't answering the door he told me he'd been waiting for 10 mins and was very irate. Turn's out he was knocking on the storage cupboard door! he seemed oblivious to the fact it had a sign saying "storage cupboard" written on a large sign on the door! It was like something from a Peter Sellers film.

Even though 3 ft to his right there is a glass sided office, full of computer equipment and a bunch of nerds with headsets on, he seemed to think that the IT infrastructure dept would be located in such a place. That man could barely tie his own shoelaces

For many years I played various online games. Namely world of tanks.

This is a popular game with almost 1 billion players.

It never failed to amaze me how bloody stupid people are.

Some of the players had been actively playing for 4-5 hours a day for 8-9 years and still had absolutely no idea of even basic tactic's, key settings, let alone looking at the mini map. These would be the people cursing making death threats and wishing all kinds of horrid desaese on you if you blew up their pixel tank!

It was an exercise in frustration. But from a sociological point of view very revealing.

I mean how can you do something for literally 10,000's hours and still be utterly incompetent?

I would liken it to driving to the office every day for 5 years and still not knowing which route to take. or even how to drive at all.

Something about being anonymous, meant people could revel in their own nincompoopery. I dread to think how many of these players had high profile jobs commanding hundreds of thousands of Euro's Dollars and pounds.

Being stupid and nice is adorable, being stupid and unpleasant is a different matter altogether. I avoid these people like the plague, unfortunately some of them are my colleagues.

Last edited by Discontinued; 05-19-2021 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Poor spelling due to sausage fingers
Old 05-19-2021, 11:34 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Itís driving me crazy right now that I canít talk politics, I guess they win again.
Old 05-19-2021, 11:58 AM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rep1954 View Post
Itís driving me crazy right now that I canít talk politics, I guess they win again.
I find it is only here that I can't talk politics.

But most places I don't want to anyway, so that's fine.