Model39 B ? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-25-2021, 11:56 PM
slsc98
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Model39 D (that looked in photo like a B

‘Lo all!

I hope it isn’t bad form of me posting this question about the same rifle I have already initiated a thread about scoping options but, this question is entirely a separate one; and...

I first tried a search of this forum for any mention of “39 B” AND I checked the “Birth Date by S/N sticky thread AND a I have scoured the interweb some and I still cannot find any mention of a Marlin Model “39B” and yet, unless my eyes deceive me that is what my late Dad’s 1970 Model 39 (S/N 70-65xxx) is marked as (see Attached Photo)

I figure if there’s any place where anyone might be able to tell me about a 39 “B” vs an “A” etc., it’ll be here at RF !

Thanks in advance for any insights into the “B” model marking on the bbl ...!

Perhaps it is a “D” I am seeing in the picture but perhaps that is a piece of lint (from a cotton cloth I used to wipe the gun down with) that is making it look like a “B” in the photo?

I’m gonna have to get it out of the vault tomorrow and check it with a magnifying glass.

Still, I figure there’s no harm in inquiring here ...

EDIT: okay, doing some more research, I’m convinced what I inherited is in fact a 1970 39 “D” and there must be a piece of lint of something making it look as if it is a “B” in the photo I’m looking at - def gonna have to confirm once sun is up ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg ED0F1B78-A60F-432D-BBCD-DCF55085EC31.jpeg (142.4 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by slsc98; 01-26-2021 at 03:40 AM.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:26 AM
stubbfarmer
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
It is a D. Should be a 20 inch barrel with a pistol grip stock. The front sight is dove tailed in the barrel instead of the normal ramp and has no hood.

Looked at your pictures in the other thread and confirmed it is a 39D.

Last edited by stubbfarmer; 01-26-2021 at 06:30 AM.