Hunting ammo question - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:16 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)

I have the Henry Single Shot in .450 Bushmaster, a 200 yard shot is not out of reason at medium size game, mine shoots into under 2" @100 yards and I expect it will do better with use. Little different from a 12ga. rifled slug gun I imagine but likely more accurate. I don't see it being less dangerous than a "normal" Centerfire rifle if miss your target.

Old 07-30-2021, 10:24 PM
Kestrel4k
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Gerald, I really do like your rifles.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:57 PM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel4k View Post
Like a Greek God, he doesn’t even need to shoot his quarry. He just shows them a beautiful rifle and they drop dead in obeisance
Old 07-31-2021, 09:29 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel4k View Post
Thank you, I'm a fortunate man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Like a Greek God, he doesn’t even need to shoot his quarry. He just shows them a beautiful rifle and they drop dead in obeisance
LOL, don't I wish...
Old 08-11-2021, 08:25 PM
DMTJAGER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by profsrgary View Post
You can not legislate common sense unfortunately. The elevated stand will help but in the last few years several people in my general area were crippled or killed by people target shooting with 9mm handguns, The one person who was shot was over 500 yards away from the shooter who was shooting from an elevated stand (balcony). That person is still carrying the slug and is paralyzed from the neck down. The Xray was shown on the local news and quite honestly I was amazed that a 9mm slug could do that amt. of damage at over 500 yards. About 5 years ago on New Years Eve a neighbor had a party and at midnight a few of his guests decided to unload their handguns into the air. They aimed to shoot out across a field behind our homes but approximately 400 yards in the direction was a road and some houses. This is the stuff that will produce more and more laws that will end our sport.
FWIW,
Watched a guy do a YTV on the maximum lethal distance of the 9mm HG round using a 16" 9mm carbine at the test firearm. I was utterly amazed how well a 115 and 124grn FMJ were still achieving complete penetration on 5/16" plywood and 2x4's at 400 yards.
No doubt proved a 9mm round fired from a 16" carbine is still quite lethal at and beyond 400 yards.