Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:23 PM
SommerDK

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
HAWKE SIDEWINDER

Hi

Just bought a Hawke Sidewinder 4-16x50 used, for my rimfire. I thought there were lifetime warranty, but thats apperently only for the original owner.

Is there anybody there know which warranty the scope have as standard ?

Sřren
Old 07-28-2021, 11:06 AM
pipestone
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)

https://us.hawkeoptics.com/hawke-no-...-warranty.html

pipestone
Old 07-28-2021, 12:05 PM
Tomcat21
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Please see sentences contained within quotation marks below.

Per Hawke Optics:

The Hawke No Fault Lifetime Warranty applies to rifle scopes, spotting scopes and binoculars only. Range finders, cameras, red dots, reflex sights, mounts and other accessories are covered by our two year warranty. The Hawke No Fault Lifetime Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product. Occasionally we may replace your product with an equivalent of equal or better physical condition.

"Hawke’s No Fault Warranty applies only to products purchased after January, 1 2018. Items purchased prior to January 1, 2018 are covered under Hawke’s original warranty, see your instruction booklet for details. Applies to the original owner only."

Please retain your purchase receipt or you can register your purchase here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2021, 12:12 PM
Erik72
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I bought a used Hawke 3-9 x 40 w/Mil Dot reticle here on the post exchange. I took it to the range and found there was no elevation adjustment no matter how much or which way I dialed the turret. I have no idea when the scope was purchased originally and while writing my note to request the return I let them know if was purchased second hand. They authorized the return and ended up sending me a brand new scope. That's just my experience. Might be worth a try or a phone call.
Old 07-29-2021, 12:33 AM
Tomcat21
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik72 View Post
I bought a used Hawke 3-9 x 40 w/Mil Dot reticle here on the post exchange. I took it to the range and found there was no elevation adjustment no matter how much or which way I dialed the turret. I have no idea when the scope was purchased originally and while writing my note to request the return I let them know if was purchased second hand. They authorized the return and ended up sending me a brand new scope. That's just my experience. Might be worth a try or a phone call.
That is certainly good to know, thanks for your response. Maybe they've learned
that to be nice sells more scopes. Hawke should change their warranty if they're to honor requests.