Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-20-2021, 08:42 PM
brewer12345

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
How long do buckmarks last?

I bought a buckmark before the panic and it is one of my favorite pistols to shoot. Accurate, not picky about ammo, great trigger. I am minute of rabbit at 25 yards with a basic red dot and at 15 yards I can print small groups (for me) one handed. I am starting to rack up a pretty good round count (thousands) and it occurred to me to wonder how long these pistols last. Any ideas on round counts before major issues or accuracy falls off? I am assuming tens of thousands.
Old 07-20-2021, 10:32 PM
NoSecondBest
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
I shot two Buckmarks in the 1990ís through the early 2000ís and put around 250,000 rounds through them shooting silhouette and then cut the barrels down and shot them at three gun competitions. Other than buffers, a couple of extractors and a couple of ejectors, and a couple of springs nothing major happened to them. I sold them to a local guy and heís still shooting them. You wonít wear one out if itís kept clean and lubed properly.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:03 AM
dana.thomas
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSecondBest View Post
I shot two Buckmarks in the 1990’s through the early 2000’s and put around 250,000 rounds through them shooting silhouette and then cut the barrels down and shot them at three gun competitions. Other than buffers, a couple of extractors and a couple of ejectors, and a couple of springs nothing major happened to them. I sold them to a local guy and he’s still shooting them. You won’t wear
one out if it’s kept clean and lubed properly.
Great report NoSec, Tell me about the ejectors, how did you know they needed to be replaced? Did they bend or wear short?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2021, 11:44 AM
NoSecondBest
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dana.thomas View Post
Great report NoSec, Tell me about the ejectors, how did you know they needed to be replaced? Did they bend or wear short?
They broke. Very easy fix.
Old 07-21-2021, 10:16 PM
smith627
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have owned three Buck Marks since 2014 and one of them had a round count of 16,000+ before it was sold to buy a different frame model.
It ran flawlessly and had excellent accuracy with original extractor, ejector, buffer, and springs.
Maintain it well and it will last a very long time.
Old 07-27-2021, 09:59 PM
dave1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah, they seem to last forever with some fairly minor parts replacements when somethings wear over time. Mine is circa 1985 ish and still a fun shooter.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:14 AM
vet6771
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just sold my Buckmark Hunter. Since I got my S&W Victory, which is much more forgiving about what ammo you shoot and is flawless in its operation, I found the Buckmark to be more prone to operational "failures." Most folks love their Buckmarks, and I just never got that feeling. I do for my Victory though. Since putting a SeeAll Micro sight on it, my accuracy is better than ever. To each his/her own.
Old 07-28-2021, 09:30 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I've had my two Buckmarks for a long time with many thousands of rounds thru both of them. Way back we used to shoot tiny targets at the 200 and 230 yard line using CCI 40gr minimags. They really like them but hated the 36gr version, never failed to feed until the actions got so dirty the slide got sticky.

For the money I think they are the best bang for the buck.

Topstrap