CZ Gun Store - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-24-2021, 07:45 PM
rjferber
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
CZ Gun Store

Just an FYI - and since this is a rimfire forum and CZ rimfires are available I used this category . . . moderators can move the thread to a more appropriate area if they feel so lead.

Maybe this has been available for a long time however, I just stumbled across it this afternoon while doing some CZ searches. This seems to be a website to purchase CZ firearms directly from CZ. Rimfires, Micro, Centerfire, Shotguns, Handguns, and Suppressors are the categories. However, not all products are available and only selected options are available for a given product. As an example the CZ 457 Varmint - the description only offers the 22 WMR version . . . I see no option to select a specific caliber . . . i.e. the 22 LR or 17 HMR. I found similarly limited caliber options on other models.

This appears to be for CZ firearms sales only. Parts and accessories would be acquired via the normal "WEBSTORE" on the CZ-USA website. Yes - the CZ Custom site is there for the really tricked-out, high $ versions as well as parts.

Here is the URL for the website: https://czgunstore.com

The CZ configurator is not offered as an option.

Not sure of the geographic availability, but when I registered for an account it appeared many of the worldwide countries were options.

The prices are what I would call "reasonable". I know one can find less expensive suppliers, but the prices I checked on a few items were competitive and/or even lower than LGS prices for the same item.

I have LGS that will match internet prices so it would be a way to save a few bucks on the purchase of a CZ.

Obviously, they will have to ship to your local FFL.

They show a "chat" option for questions and interaction but I did not get a chance to try it out. I may do some interacting with them next week to gather more information.

Anyway . . . FYI
Old 07-24-2021, 08:27 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Not only do they not show an address or phone #, they don't even identify what country they're in. Their business hours don't indicate a time zone.

Last edited by motovita; 07-24-2021 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:29 PM
Protongunner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ive seem this site before and almost made a purchase but my Spidey senses kicked in. I'm interested to see if anyone has had positive experience
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2021, 06:22 AM
Gator89
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Does this look like something a firearms company would post?

"HOW POWERFUL IS A CZ PISTOL?
CZ pistols are not quite so powerful that they can be devastating in terms of damage. But they are powerful enough to knock down an assailant if and when you have to use one. That is why they are considered to be a good pistol of choice for beginners starting out with concealed carry. Just because it has the ability to go as far out as 15 yards or slightly beyond that, this doesnít mean itís weak in power by any means."

The scammers have gotten very creative.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:32 AM
LeonardS

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I think it would be a good idea to check with CZ-USA to see if the site is legitimate.
Old 07-25-2021, 07:03 AM
tomon
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Angry No physical address or phone number listed!

Run, don't walk, away, quickly! If you must, just send your money to me!
Old 07-25-2021, 07:44 AM
rimfirerobbo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Click on the logo

Hopefully you didnt enter personal info when signing up.

Run a virus scan on your computer.

https://www.asecurelife.com/how-to-spot-a-fake-website/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2021-07-25 084110.jpg (62.3 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-25-2021, 08:36 AM
rapidray

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I received an email from CZ about 4 or 5 different companies acting to be like CZ but are not. They listed the websites but I didnít save it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2716E267-4894-4D98-B7CE-576157600B5D.jpeg (257.3 KB, 20 views)
Old 07-25-2021, 09:08 AM
PABear
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If it appears too good to be true....it usually isn't true.

Appears to be a scam....as there is a Rugergunstore.com and a Winchestergunstore.com etc.

If you have a good scam, use it often!!!!

Last edited by PABear; 07-25-2021 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-25-2021, 12:04 PM
onemountain

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjferber View Post
Not sure of the geographic availability, but when I registered for an account it appeared many of the worldwide countries were options.
If you registered for an account using a password that is the same or similar in construction to any of your other passwords, you need to change them ASAP, friend.

I visited the site out of curiosity, and as others have indicated, there is no chance at all that it's legitimate. None.

I give 95% chance it's a scam, 5% chance it's the ATF trying to entrap people into illegitimate online sales without an FFL.

I strongly suggest you edit your initial post so as not to mislead anyone who doesn't read the comments into thinking that website is real

I don't mean to dogpile, I'm just concerned about about my RFC friends getting taken by a scammer.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:18 PM
rjferber

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjferber View Post
Just an FYI - and since this is a rimfire forum and CZ rimfires are available I used this category . . . moderators can move the thread to a more appropriate area if they feel so lead.

Maybe this has been available for a long time however, I just stumbled across it this afternoon while doing some CZ searches. This seems to be a website to purchase CZ firearms directly from CZ. Rimfires, Micro, Centerfire, Shotguns, Handguns, and Suppressors are the categories. However, not all products are available and only selected options are available for a given product. As an example the CZ 457 Varmint - the description only offers the 22 WMR version . . . I see no option to select a specific caliber . . . i.e. the 22 LR or 17 HMR. I found similarly limited caliber options on other models.

This appears to be for CZ firearms sales only. Parts and accessories would be acquired via the normal "WEBSTORE" on the CZ-USA website. Yes - the CZ Custom site is there for the really tricked-out, high $ versions as well as parts.

Here is the URL for the website: https://czgunstore.com

The CZ configurator is not offered as an option.

The prices are what I would call "reasonable". I know one can find less expensive suppliers, but the prices I checked on a few items were competitive and/or even lower than LGS prices for the same item.

I have LGS that will match internet prices so it would be a way to save a few bucks on the purchase of a CZ.

Obviously, they will have to ship to your local FFL.

They show a "chat" option for questions and interaction but I did not get a chance to try it out. I may do some interacting with them next week to gather more information.

Anyway . . . FYI
Not sure what or who is at the bottom of this . . . but for sure they/this is in no way associated with the CZ organization . . . per the CZ-USA Customer Support. Thanks for all the feedback. . . They do make the website look professional but then there are lots of professional-appearing - unprofessional people and organizations out there.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2021, 04:25 PM
eflyguy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CZ does NOT sell directly, it's right there on their official web site.

Quote:
CZ-USA does NOT sell firearms directly to consumers online,
instead selling our products through an Authorized Dealer network as well as to major wholesale distributors that work with all other FFL dealers. Our authorized dealers can be found here or call us at 1-800-955-4486. Please use caution when giving personal payment information online.
Old 07-27-2021, 01:37 PM
americanstrat98

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Hi, I've been laying dormant for a few years. I still read the forums often every week, and saw this pop up.

I tried to purchase a CZ 457 trainer from these folks. When it came down time to pay they wanted me to use a third party money sending app at checkout. I tried calling them, and no dice. The payment email was not CZ related and was simply someone's name. I found it to be a place I do not trust. Hoping this helps someone. Their prices are excellent, but it seemed more like a scam operation instead of a legitimate business.
Old 07-29-2021, 06:50 PM
wstewart

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I reported them to the company that sold them the domain name, the company that issued them the SSL certificate, and finally the hosting company of the website. It's whack-a-mole with this kind of site, but you have to start somewhere.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:01 PM
Blob
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanstrat98 View Post
Hi, I've been laying dormant for a few years. I still read the forums often every week, and saw this pop up.

I tried to purchase a CZ 457 trainer from these folks. When it came down time to pay they wanted me to use a third party money sending app at checkout. I tried calling them, and no dice. The payment email was not CZ related and was simply someone's name. I found it to be a place I do not trust. Hoping this helps someone. Their prices are excellent, but it seemed more like a scam operation instead of a legitimate business.
Same here. They were the ONLY place online I could find with a 457 varmint pro in stock (actually the site doesn't even indicate stock status) and so I figured I'd give it a shot and try to order anyway with my credit card. I figured if it was a scam then my credit card company would reverse the charges and I wouldn't get burned.

Got to checkout and the only payment options are Zelle and bitcoin. That was a hard no from me.