Sear Spring Volquartsen Trigger kit. Install / Not Install - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:04 PM
legnef

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sear Spring Volquartsen Trigger kit. Install / Not Install

I have read this somewhere but cannot find it. It was suggested that the OEM sear spring be used instead of the VQ sear spring. It affected the cycling and reliability in some manner.
Can someone expound on this please.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:06 PM
edlmann
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by legnef View Post
I have read this somewhere but cannot find it. It was suggested that the OEM sear spring be used instead of the VQ sear spring. It affected the cycling and reliability in some manner.
Sounds like you're thinking about the trigger return spring. The VqC spring can cause reset issues.

"Allegedly"
Old 03-31-2021, 10:51 PM
triplebike
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by legnef View Post
I have 4 22/45 MKIV'S , 3 of them have the complete VQ kit. 10's of thousands of rounds fired with absolutely no problems. All 3 triggers are stock. Install the VQ sear spring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2021, 08:23 AM
jdc606

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I ordered the VQ trigger kit for my MkIV 22/45 hoping for a lighter than OEM sear spring. The VQ spring was identical to the OEM by my measuring of spring diameter, number of coils, and spring "arm" lengths.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:15 AM
BadaBing11
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
Sounds like you're thinking about the trigger return spring. The VqC spring can cause reset issues.

"Allegedly"
My VQ trigger spring caused a reset problem with a Tandemkross trigger .

It is interesting that Tandemkross does not include the VQ trigger spring in the accurizing kits they sell .
I thought I was missing out, so I ordered one from VQ.

Trigger pull was lighter with the VQ trigger spring by about 4 oz.
I could still make it work if I adjusted pretravel out to what I thought was excessive. But I had one problem in about 500 rounds that way .
Old 04-04-2021, 11:00 PM
legnef

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I installed everything in the kit then ran 300 rounds of Federal 800 range pack. Not any issues whatsoever. Thank you for the input!
Old 04-09-2021, 09:28 AM
capnjim01

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just got the kit installed and have not had the chance to go to the range and try it out, probably be next week. I will report back then but the trigger pull does seem lighter.