Ruger Wrangler - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-06-2020, 12:43 PM
BlackSheep1-2
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ruger Wrangler

What can you guys tell me about this gun? Thinking of buying one to teach my kids how to shoot with it. Where can I find it also?!?! TIA
Old 10-06-2020, 03:41 PM
glennasher
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Most any shops are carrying them. The shop I went to today had three, in fact.

They are basically a fixed-sight version of the Single Six, with an aluminum frame, and they cannot be made in .22 Magnum, as it will stretch the frames. They are nice and light weight, and fun to fool with. Looking on Bud's Gun Shop's website shows they have them in stock, too. Also, Rural King stores have them in stock. Basically, any gunshop can get them.
Old 10-06-2020, 04:10 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
They're a decent little gun for the $. IMO they may not be the best firearm to teach a kid to shoot. For one thing they are single action only, which is fine, but I don't think the best option for a new shooter. Also although they're not overly heavy I think they might be a little heavy for a young child to try and hold up. I've actually brought many children shooting for their first time at my local club. One of my favorite handguns for teaching new shooter's is the Ruger SR-22. It's a DA/SA, has interchangeable grips for different size hands, and it's pretty light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2020, 04:32 PM
BlackSheep1-2
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennasher View Post
Most any shops are carrying them. The shop I went to today had three, in fact.

They are basically a fixed-sight version of the Single Six, with an aluminum frame, and they cannot be made in .22 Magnum, as it will stretch the frames. They are nice and light weight, and fun to fool with. Looking on Bud's Gun Shop's website shows they have them in stock, too. Also, Rural King stores have them in stock. Basically, any gunshop can get them.
Awesome thank you guys, I went and picked one up today here: https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/ruger-wrangler/ I went with the black but I thought the price was a little better here than most.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:08 PM
RickClark28
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just picked one up last month. After several trips and a safety test I really like it. Have it in the range rotation and just love it. Ruger did a good job on mine. For the money they are a good way to get back into single action shooting.
*Clean it and go to the range to get to know it. Work out any questions you come across and enjoy it.
*I ordered some Rosewood grips for it. On sale at Ruger now.
https://shopruger.com/Single-Action-...products/5352/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ruger_Wrangler_002.jpg (377.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-12-2020, 07:45 PM
BobbyStoots
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have both the black model and the silver model both work flawless and shoot well with most bulk ammo . my son and daughters enjoy shooting both and other 22s Ruger
Old 10-18-2020, 12:19 PM
RickClark28
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wrangler with new Ruger "Rosewood" grips. Fit is good. Will test shooting with them at the next range visit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ruger_Wrangler_005.jpg (530.2 KB, 5 views)