Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

THE NRA AGAIN

1K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  bugeye 
#1 ·
After about my 1000th email from them begging for money I sent this.

With all the antis trying to take our guns, I would think that y’all would be on the forefront of this battle, but as near as I can tell, you have a fund raising campaign combined with empty promises.
When you show me the court cases you are active in and that you’re wearing last years suits this year, maybe I’ll contribute a couple of bucks.

Won’t do any good but I feel better. :)

#5 ·
I keep my NRA membership, and so should y'all. They do support many good causes.
Mostly I maintain my membership for the insurance when participating in various meets and shoots.

I no longer actively fund raise for Wayne's suit fund.

GOA has most of my support.

Firearm Policy Coalition is another organization on the forefront of defending our rights.

#10 ·
A little something y'all should consider. Many of these organizations don't solicit for fund drives themselves. They hire third parties that do nothing but solicit for money. That's why we all get so doggone many mailings from so many outfits. Those third parties get a percentage of funds raised, so they're money motivated to shove as many mailings at us as possible.

I've sent my own queries to NRA headquarters, and received exactly zero responses. Makes me tempted to drop them too, but it's still a good organization.

Just sayin'.....Roger

#11 ·
I just wrote the NRA too ...

Like a lot of members, I received a solicitation for money. I sent a letter to NRA headquarters to the effect that Wayne et al has too many negatives attached and he and the others, for the good of the order, should resign. Until that happens, I give no further funds. I am a Life Benefactor member and have gifted my son & grandsons life memberships.

#12 ·
I sent them a letter years ago asking them to stop the solicitations. They did.

Still doing great work through we instructors.

I am a life member, but will continue my support.

R

#13 · (Edited)
I'm a life member and proud of it too. I asked, in writing, many years ago that solicitations be stopped and they were. Have not had one since. My contributions go to the NRA-ILA, that is still, IMHO, the best place to continue supporting our 2nd amendment. The old saw that 'politics makes for strange bedfellows' holds true in more places than most realize. The NRA/ILA is politically neutral and has proved effective, more than once. I'll leave it there.. and not comment further.

#15 ·
It's all about the Washingtons

I am another one that agrees with the NRA and thinks they are a big benefit to the cause of keeping the 2nd amendment protected.

I am not a fan at all of anybody asking for more money for the NRA, at least the way it is currently managed. Wayne can sell one of his suits and donate more to the NRA than I get in a year. If they need more funds, cancel a couple of his boondoggle trips.

#20 ·
NRA

Although they produce a decent magazine, "The Rifleman" the NRA hasn't shown me any ACTION for a long time. When you hear of the NRA, it's always a negative news story eg. Wayne stealing money or a war within the ranks!
So, my answer.......join GOA and subscribe to a good gun magazine.........

Sorry, but it's not your father's NRA.
ARMY TC

#22 ·
Although they produce a decent magazine, "The Rifleman" the NRA hasn't shown me any ACTION for a long time. When you hear of the NRA, it's always a negative news story eg. Wayne stealing money or a war within the ranks!
So, my answer.......join GOA and subscribe to a good gun magazine.........

Sorry, but it's not your father's NRA.
ARMY TC
GOA sends "action postcards" to me as needed, I always sign them and send them on to the designated politicians. NRA does nothing of the kind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.