Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

M&P 22 Compact

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Dobegrant 
#1 ·
On a whim this morning, took my S&W M&P 22 Compact pocket pistol out to the backyard 25 yard range to verify its' "combat" practicality ...

Set up an NRA 25 yard target at a "standard 10 yard combat range" and let loose with a whole box of 50 Winchester HVHP copper-jacketed ammo along with a few odd rounds - 57 in all. Shots were fired double-handed in 3-4 shot strings in typical 5 seconds Rapid Fire fashion. Found that even at 94 years old, the pair of us could still make an adversary's eyes water ...

Circle Art Recreation Pattern Font

Fuzzy

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes indeed, Gerald .... took me a while to get it "comfortable" .... (i still am a "tinkerer" despite the advancing years since the days of my old website) As you can see the frame of this one has been epoxy-modified to fit my hand with thumb and palm rests. Also the upper edge of the lower trigger frame is "padded" to restrict return trigger travel to just beyond the reset point.

Although I have not fabricated a lighter trigger soring - I left it at around 5+" pull - both the hammer and sear contact surfaces have been ground square and minimal to get that "perfect" smooth and crisp take-up feel.

Not even a shadow of a comparison in accuracy to the Buckmarks I shoot in regular weekly Bullseye competition, but it fits nicely in a pocket when out bush-hogging and other chores on this ridgetop where a few wild intruders ... coyotes, bobcats and the like show their heads ...

Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Air gun Bicycle part

Fuzzy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.