Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CMP Rimfire Sporter Match ... Chattanooga RC

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RexinArk 
#1 ·
For those who haven't yet made up their mind as to what on earth they're going to do tomorrow morning early, how about a trip to the Chattanooga Rifle Club ?

Registration starts at 9:00 AM with shooting at 9:30 and is open to any competitor. The Club range is located on Hunter Road in Harrison, TN. The Match Director is our own "Magical" !

This is the first event of the 2016 season and is normally held on the first Saturday of each month except during the Winter.

Fuzzy

#2 ·
Mr. Fuzzey, did you have a good crowd at the match? We wanted to come down, but took in a silhouette match instead.

I'd like to know the scores if you don't mind, we have become followers of some of the shooters down there that do so well Nationally. Hard to keep up when we live so far from the range now.

Thanks!

#3 · (Edited)
Hi Lad ... Don could give you the exact figures but from memory I think we had about 9-10 shooters on the line .... temp at start was a little above freezing but warmed up a bit by the second relay just before Noon.

Don didn't shoot as he had forgotten to bring his computer ... hence no recorded audio of the range commands. One of the older lads shot high score of 577 in the first match ... I shot an "unofficial" 575-22X ... I was having sighting-in problems due to a misplaced sling stud causing some unexpected barrel deflection. Got that sorted out and shot a pair of 98's in Prone. Then my ageing body refused to contort itself into a Sitting position so shot the Sitting stage in Prone again ... hence the "unofficial" - lol

The rest of the scores reflected the long winter lay-off from competition I suspect, ranging from the mid 300's up to the high 400's as far as I can recall.

Sam and family did Not attend ... !

Fuzzy

#4 ·
Man I know what you mean by the sitting position, I usually have shoot from Kneeling when my back is hurting.

Thanks for the update, that was some good prone shooting especially if it was O class.

Wonder where Sam is? Hope nothing is wrong, he was on such a roll.

We hope to be there for the April match. :t

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.