Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CZ.455 and Eley ammo ...

466 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Rule-303 
#1 · (Edited)
... recently I have been fortunate ... and "wealthy enough, without SWMBO's knoiwledge" - to get my grubby little paws on a small supply of Eley 'Black Box' and 'Target' ammo to shoot in Club matches. This has given me a chance to eke out my existing small supply of pre-2013 CCI SV for additional practice purposes.

It didn't dawn on me at first - yet another sign of advancing senility I suppose - but, whereas CCI ammo of all types chambers fairly hard in both my 'Fuzzolution' and my 'American' fairly new 455's, and extracts quite cleanly with a good, positive fling, well clear of the action .... both types of Eley ammo slip in to the chamber like a well fitting pair of sea boot stockings, BUT ... will NOT eject ! (Ref: Old RAF expression having to do with a King and a Queen !)

Nope ... the spent Eley case extracts from the chamber, as it should, with the same ease that it went in .... but then just lies there on top of the single-shot adaptor or magazine. This, of course, then requires the insertion of an arthriticky thumb and finger to pluck it out ... or turning the rifle upside down to let it fall out !

Anybody else experience this phenomenum ? Neither rifle has yet had enough rounds to have an appreciable build up of crud in the extractors, and both bolts were "tuned" by me after I got them. Cant recall ever having this problem with any of my 452's or BRNO's "on a persistent basis" over the past 65 years or so !

Annoying ... and frustrating ... to an old fogey !

Mick - The Fuzzy Limey

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.