Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

... and for today ...

505 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Fuzzy Limey 
#1 · (Edited)
. . . an enjoyable couple of hours, chatting over lunch, with Chuck - artrepro . We met in central Kentucky to wrap up a deal in which a very nice CZ.455 American in .22LR found its way into the back of my SUV for the trip home to my Tennessee ridgetop. So ... that now completes my "bucket list of the final few" to carry me to the end.

Over the years I have enjoyed so many of these "bring and buy", or "swap" sessions with other RFC members ... well worth the effort to take a drive, instead of merely trusting the task to a "brown truck" or "rain, snow and hail" man - lets you put a real face to a "bold, italicised" set of coded letters on the Forum !

Thanks Chuck !
Mick - The Fuzzy Limey

PS: I lied ... I did put a scope on it as soon as I finished dinner on my return ... maybe I'll sight it in and fire a few test groups after the match tomorrow - lol

#4 ·
I enjoy meeting with other members and doing a bit of trading/buying or whatever would just be icing on the cake. Wheelgun Dunn was passing though the area yesterday and we spent a pleasant couple of hours yaking at Mace Sports, we've met before and he's helped me with some technical issues on my Blog.:bthumb:

#6 ·
... and another "today" ...

. . . the "twiddling bug" strikes again ... ! After the local turkey shoot this morning scurried home and did a lot of test firing ... playing with barrel and action screw torques and different ammo batches ... some good ... some fair ... but nothing that would give a feral cat a feeling of, "Phew - That was close !" at 50 paces !

Made a few earth-shattering decisions ... un-pinned the trigger and replaced the spring with a heavier one from my junkbox ... 7-8 ounces was a little too light for my arthriticky fingers. Now up to about 1-1/2# !

While I had the two main pieces apart, I got the feeling that the stock could do with a little attention to the fit of the receiver ... so as of this moment it's sitting out on the back porch railing in the warm evening sun, with a freshly inserted rear pillar and a glob or two of epoxy at the tail-end in the fond hope that it can be improved yet further.

Who knows maybe tomorrow I'll get ambitious and make a front pillar ... even mix up some more goo for t'other end of the receiver and breech end of barrel.

Mick - The Fuzzy Limey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.