Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-03-2021, 12:35 PM
carbine
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Found another Winchester 52E

Browsing the Cabela's website this morning showed an interesting new arrival. A very nice Winchester 52 "E" model, complete with Unertl 20x scope, for $1599. Even though I already have the identical gun just purchased last spring, I had to jump on the phone and get first dibs at that price. I lucked out and it was still there. It's not as nice as my current pristine "E" as I can see some dings on the scope's objective tube and a ding on the bottom of the wood, but other than that it does look very nice indeed. Guy said it came from an estate sale and is super clean. I figured this one wouldn't last long at that price so put it on my card and am having it sent to my local Cabela's for inspection. Hopefully it's as nice as it appears. Do I need two model E's? Hell no. But IMO $1599 for that package can't be passed up. Luckily, I have all week to sit in my deer stand and figure out a way to justify it! If I do decide to pass on it I'll be sure to let you guys know where it is and will provide good pictures to anyone interested.
Old 11-03-2021, 02:24 PM
pump .22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
IF all is in good condition and nothing amiss, I'd say you made a heck of a buy. Sold separately in the right venue, I'm confident those two would realize in excess of what you gave.

Good buy.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:22 PM
dokey
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pump .22s View Post
IF all is in good condition and nothing amiss, I'd say you made a heck of a buy. Sold separately in the right venue, I'm confident those two would realize in excess of what you gave.

Good buy.
Sold 3 hours ago
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2021, 05:31 PM
pump .22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So, the OP didn't buy it?
Old 11-03-2021, 06:15 PM
carbine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm sure they are referring to me, they took my credit card number while he had the gun in his hand.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:08 PM
wfoss

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice buy a few years ago I walked into cabalas on a slow night talked to the person in the library and ended up with an E International in another store and according to Seewin stole it for $1295 and after shooting it I agree with Seewin ya never know what will show up
Old 11-03-2021, 10:08 PM
pump .22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbine View Post
I'm sure they are referring to me, they took my credit card number while he had the gun in his hand.
Ouch.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:04 AM
wwace

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I will buy all the sub $1500 E models you guys can come up with.

My Cabelas great buy was a Martini MKIII with a 30x Super Targetspot for $750, they often sell 22 target rifles for ridiculous low prices it seems.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:58 AM
carbine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwace View Post
I will buy all the sub $1500 E models you guys can come up with.

My Cabelas great buy was a Martini MKIII with a 30x Super Targetspot for $750, they often sell 22 target rifles for ridiculous low prices it seems.
Wow, what a buy that was! I'm curious, how long did it take you to from seeing it to "I'll take it" ?

The prices at Cabelas certainly are all over the map. Some guns are sky high and sit for years while others seem to fly under the radar under appreciated. I can only imagine the deals the employees see every day that never make it to the floor.
Old 11-25-2021, 11:50 AM
carbine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm the OP, and even though I paid for that rifle 3 weeks ago, it's still at my local Cabelas waiting for me. I was able to make it to the store after deer hunting to examine it, but found a couple of issues with it that made me leave it there until I could talk to the manager about it. Overall, the gun is super clean with obviously low round count. Bolt number matches receiver at #125391.

First was the rear sight base that was so loose it barely kept the scope in place. Can't believe they didn't notice this and mention it to me beforehand. When I asked if I could remove the scope and check the base screws in case they were stripped, I was told no and it took them over a week to check it out. I was lucky and the screws were just loose and an employee tightened things up.

The second deal was again scope related. The parallax adjuster ring is frozen up and would not slide front to back, stuck at 50 feet. The locking rings moved just fine but the adjuster is stuck. I started another post about this issue soon as I got home to ask what to do about that and am now fairly confident it's just dried up grease locking it up and intend to heat it up with a hair dryer like several people suggested and see if I can loosen it up when I finally get it home. The scope also has some nasty scratches on the objective bell that I will have to live with but the rest of it looks near factory fresh. I'm hoping Cabelas will maybe knock off a few bucks for me because of the stuck ring and they said to come on down today and chat about it. But being Thanksgiving the NICS system is closed and I still can't do the paperwork to get it home!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20211117_133027.jpg (334.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg scope.jpg (232.1 KB, 17 views)
Old 11-25-2021, 06:50 PM
carbine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got it home and the hair dryer trick worked. Scope works fine now. Thanks for the tip!
Old 11-25-2021, 08:08 PM
pump .22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That worked out about as I expected. You made a really good deal there!
Old 11-27-2021, 07:12 AM
wwace

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbine View Post
Wow, what a buy that was! I'm curious, how long did it take you to from seeing it to "I'll take it" ?

The prices at Cabelas certainly are all over the map. Some guns are sky high and sit for years while others seem to fly under the radar under appreciated. I can only imagine the deals the employees see every day that never make it to the floor.
I saw the scope and walked directly to it, checked the price and said I will buy this. Maybe 20 seconds.