M12 BR build - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-17-2020, 08:58 PM
Shamokinbob

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

I have a question, after all this is done, is that bar held in permanently with epoxy, does the action then get glass beded in after?
Old 10-17-2020, 10:21 PM
Hi-NV Shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamokinbob View Post
I have a question, after all this is done, is that bar held in permanently with epoxy, does the action then get glass beded in after?
Bob,

The bar replaces the traditional round pillars and is bedded the same way. however it takes a 2-step process. I first devcon bed the bar to the stock, there is a 1/16-1/8" space between the bottom of the bar the bottom of the stock inletting. I apply devcon to the bottom of the bar and stock inletting so the bar will sit on the devcon. sort of like pouring a concrete slab. once cured, I bed the action like normal. I use large syringes filled with the mixed devcon to fill in voids, as I can inject it into any spot I want.

here is an example-

the bar serves two purposes it adds weight and helps to further dampen the action when a shot is fired. the tungsten aids the dampening as well.

Lee
Old 10-23-2020, 08:20 PM
thesandman
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Yes Brother Lee, I've done quite a few m12 triggers. I think the m12 lock time is excellent also, along with opposed bolt lugs. They also have a notch machined in bottom of action that can be used as a recoil lug in bedding or a actual lug made to fit. Also you never have trigger timing issues. What's not to like?
Old 10-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Hi-NV Shooter

TPC Rating: 
100% (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesandman View Post
Yes Brother Lee, I've done quite a few m12 triggers. I think the m12 lock time is excellent also, along with opposed bolt lugs. They also have a notch machined in bottom of action that can be used as a recoil lug in bedding or a actual lug made to fit. Also you never have trigger timing issues. What's not to like?
Hey Sandy, Besides all that you mentioned the receiver is very well made it has a lot of material that makes it stiffer. with the exception of how you have to go about changing firing pin springs, it is an excellent starter BR rifle.

as far trigger timing, I do wish it could be adjustable. I was wondering do you know where or what part of the bolt, the firing pin stop is located?

Lee
Old 10-24-2020, 06:35 PM
Gmac5

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-NV Shooter View Post
So it begins, action trued. barrel next. then stock and bedding. last will be ignition and tuning.
I am not sure but I have had 4 M12 and this one being worked on and another I have has a very blunt tip on the firing pin. which is nice as it gives a good foot print.
the previous M12's had a thinner tip, anyone know if they changed the design.

Lee
Thats what i needed ! Thanks , now i can eliminate the ones that dont measure up in the barrel of barrels . It was many years ago i threaded a few of these for a club . Getting old isnt easy , just glad to get up and be able to play in the shop .
Thanks , Gary
Old 10-25-2020, 11:45 AM
Chas100

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-NV Shooter View Post
Well today I had really great conditions and this barrel did not disappoint me on how it shot. I know I have something to work with. I was tempted to put a tuner on it today, but with no bedding the results were going to be inconclusive.
But it does shoot pretty flat.

next couple of weeks I will be working on finishing the stock for this build. that is when I will really see what I have.

Lee
This is one of the most interesting builds Iíve ever saw on any forum I follow !! I want to Thank You for sharing this ! You have definitely renewed my interest in attempting to build my CMP M12 BR. This would be a nice Winter project.

That is a beautiful looking rifle and Thank You again for sharing !!!!
Chas