Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-20-2020, 04:52 PM
blowemup

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
COOPER 57M MAG

Does anyone know what Anschutz magazine is compatible with a Cooper 57m in
.17HMR ?

Cooper products are a little thin on the ground here in Australia.

Cheers Ken.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:47 PM
drover
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
As you may know Cooper uses Anschutz magazines, they just change out the floorplate and put the Cooper floorplate on.

This link shows the one that Cooper uses - any magazine that fits a 64 04 54 action will work.

https://www.anschutznorthamerica.com..._Rd_.22LR.html

drover
Old 08-20-2020, 11:18 PM
HJA8

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Ken...This is a quote from Steve Boelter from ANA which may interest you:

"Anschutz magazines with 17 HMR written on the side have a different feed angle and slightly modified feed lips to properly align the 17 HMR round for feeding. This changes allows the TNT to not hang up on the breech face.

The Anschutz magazines which say 17 HMR / 22 WMR on the floor plate without anything on the side are the older style which were initially designed for the .22WMR. These also feed the 17 grain V Max pretty well, but not the TNT Some rifles will feed the TNT with the older mag, but enough people were having issues that the change was made.

Also, V-Max is much more popular for the Euro market so this is why the new magazine was not initially offered with the early 17 HMR rifles from the factory."

I can't speak for 17HMR compatibility but Anschutz 22LR mags fit my 57M - Identical magazine housing to Anschutz.

As you would know, all Anschutz mags are expensive here. I usually get a B709 and buy from Rifle Mags UK.

https://www.adelaidegunshop.com.au/f...agazine-182-95

https://riflemags.co.uk/anschutz-151...azine-1517-u4/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2020, 09:38 AM
horseman2
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Some of my 10 round Anschutz mags will have a hang up on the first round in both the JSR and Montana Varminter.
Where it is binding is a mystery but a little downward force on the first round gets it aligned and the rest go in fine.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:40 AM
drover
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
My mistake in my reply - somehow I missed the 17 HMR part in the original post, the link and my reply was referring to 22 LR magazines.

My apology.

drover
Old 08-21-2020, 01:32 PM
horseman2
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
My mistake in my reply - somehow I missed the 17 HMR part in the original post, the link and my reply was referring to 22 LR magazines.

My apology.

drover
My thought was that they all fit.
I got a single shot Anschutz adapter and while it worked in the Anschutz it would not lock into the Cooper.

Pretty much a matter of trying and testing. Someone should have an Anschutz 17HMR mag that can be tested to see if it is compatible.

That said, it is time to test all of the mags in both rifles if for no other reason than my own peace of mind.
Old 08-23-2020, 01:41 PM
horseman2
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
While all the mags fit, there is difficulty getting the 10th round into the 10-round mags.
That might be the problem.
No problem with the 5-round mags.

A bigger problem was a first shot low and left. Groups at 192 yards for ten rounds measured 3.15 to 5.01 (c-c).
Old 08-23-2020, 05:41 PM
blowemup

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the reply's

I grabbed a 17HMR Anschutz mag & it fitted.... its only a 4 shot mag but will have to do for now.

Cheers Ken.
Old 10-14-2020, 04:27 PM
skwerl457

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I ordered 17 hmr mags from Anschutz for my 57m and I found rounds hung up on the front guids. Comparing the Anschutz with the original Cooper , I found that I had to Dremil grind guids to clear the front of the shell. After which there was no problems .