New Super Stock with a GM HT - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-25-2020, 06:33 PM
JDouglas

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
New Super Stock with a GM HT

I just wanted to thank everyone here who suggested the GM HT barrel. I went with a 19” stainless for this build and its a keeper. My first three 5 shot groups at 50 yds averaged .286 CTC with Eley Match from this new barrel!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2020, 09:24 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice rig and great shooting JD!
Old 01-26-2020, 12:33 AM
Clem-E

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Very Nice! My 17" chromoly gmht has shot from day one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2020, 05:11 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
That is a handsome build! If you think it shoots great now, wait till summer!
Old 02-07-2020, 09:23 AM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Nice rifle. I like that combination.

A bit of history here first. The 19" HT would never have happened if not for SuperStock. We were asked for suggestions on new designs by GM. This barrel was my suggestion. The response was it would not sell. The one after another SuperStock members said they would buy it so GM made a "Trial Run". I do not know how many barrels that was but it sold out in days! Now all the years later it is still in the catalog.

My stainless 19" shot over 25 consecutive groups of 1/4" or less at 50 yards at one point!! That is 1/2 MOA folks!. The ammo was Eley. These barrel SHOOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 02-07-2020, 04:38 PM
JDouglas

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Nice rifle. I like that combination.

A bit of history here first. The 19" HT would never have happened if not for SuperStock. We were asked for suggestions on new designs by GM. This barrel was my suggestion. The response was it would not sell. The one after another SuperStock members said they would buy it so GM made a "Trial Run". I do not know how many barrels that was but it sold out in days! Now all the years later it is still in the catalog.

My stainless 19" shot over 25 consecutive groups of 1/4" or less at 50 yards at one point!! That is 1/2 MOA folks!. The ammo was Eley. These barrel SHOOT!

Yes I have read every post on RFC in regards to the HT barrels and it is why I decided to get one. Thanks for that!

It really does balance well in this stock and so far has been a great shooter even in sub freezing temps. I will be trying it out in a NRL22 match next weekend which should be a hoot.

I did find that my Kidd bolt was hanging up in the Brownells receiver a bit causing a few jams. It also caused a few double taps which caught me by surprise because I have fired thousands of rounds with this Kidd trigger while shooting ground squirrels and prairie dogs in WY. I am speculating that after firing, the bolt would slide back and hit the end of the recoil spring rod at the spot that it meets the receiver causing it to short stroke. I could see the marks on the bolt where it was hitting the end of the rod. The Brownells receiver holds the rod further from the sidewall of the receiver causing this issue. I am assuming that sometimes the bolt would go back and grab another round without locking the hammer and the hammer would follow causing double tap. I put the rod in a drill and sanded the end that meets the receiver to a smaller diameter and removed a small amount from the bolt as well. It seems smoother now and I am hoping a smoother bolt function will increase accuracy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2020, 05:56 PM
Stumblinwolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
That’s a keeper ! Is that a Boyd’s rimfire hunter stock ?