Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-18-2021, 06:52 AM
404tbang
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebus627 View Post
Just wanted to show 2 - 1/4Ē groups I shot monday at 50 yards. Group 1 circled is 1/4Ē and number 2 is sub 1/4Ē and thatís what I wanted to do. Itís a bucket list item and I made it. Could have shot more but there was tooo much BSing. Gotta get back out to the range, winter is coming fast. Want to give the Anschutz 54 sporter a chance also, Larry
Howdy Larry,

Well done!

I have a BSA Model 12 built by Eric Johnson. It is full of surprises.

I'm completely serious when I say this, and you'll have a ball figuring this out.

Your rifle is capable of shooting tighter groups than that, with the right lot of ammo, and if you are having a good day. While it may sound like a stretch, yes, you will sometimes shoot sub .2 groups at 50 yards.

I used to call Carl Johnson, Eric's son. He was in his early 80's when I called him periodically, and he was very sharp. He chuckled at me when I spoke of shooting one of his dad's rifles at 50 yards. He told me to run it out to 100 yards. Wind reading is tougher at 100, obviously, but you will find your rifle will periodically do surprisingly better than you think it can. And yes, you will beat your .25 groups at 50 yards more often than you think you can.

I've read about guys picking off 45ACP brass at 100 yards with Eric Johnson built rifles.....

Cherish that rifle!

Take care,

Greg
Old 09-18-2021, 11:32 AM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Just a quick note on buying an 1/8Ē higher front block from Steve Earle and doing it right. I know everyone couldnít sleep till they found out what I did with the rifle. One picture is with the Polish cardboard shims just to make sure it would work and picture number 2 is with the new block. Anyone looking for a 1/4Ē front block with .560 spacing I will ship it to you for 20.00 in excellent condition, I paid 28.00. Larry
Larry,

How is the Colt Mid Range doing?

AJ
Old 09-20-2021, 09:21 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Congratulations on getting to your goal, that is really awesome and and you have assembled a special piece of history during your endeavor, very well done.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2021, 07:39 AM
jebus627

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The Mid Range is doing great, donít shoot it much like everything else in the safe. This Saturday is the NE Ohio Bunch which is a S&W collector group I have done for 11 years every spring & fall. Itís a fun group of like minded collectors that display and eat good. Should try & start a NE Ohio Martini Bunch next, Larry
Old 09-27-2021, 07:59 AM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
The Mid Range is doing great, donít shoot it much like everything else in the safe. This Saturday is the NE Ohio Bunch which is a S&W collector group I have done for 11 years every spring & fall. Itís a fun group of like minded collectors that display and eat good. Should try & start a NE Ohio Martini Bunch next, Larry
Glad to hear the Mid Range is doing well. It is a nice gun. Retired my other wad cutter Colt and bought a 52 S&W. Have enough S&W's should probably join a S&W group.

Have a friend in Meadville, Pa. that has six or eight Martini's.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:08 PM
jebus627

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Visit your friend in Meadville, the NE Ohio Bunch I do is on Saturday in N Olmsted Ohio. It’s a S&W collector group. Been doing it for 11 years every spring & fall. Larry