Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Wini Pictures Only...

261K views 582 replies 272 participants last post by  dendrig59 
#1 · (Edited)
OK ..we need Pictures and minimal comments...don't get off track! Any major comments and question need to go direct to owners via PM's...let's not bore those that JUST NEED to LOOK at PIC'S.

Here's my Wini 69A..refinished and tricked out a tad by me. My Dad left this one to me...first gun I ever shot.

UPDATE ...2018... OMG... this thing/thread has gone nutz :) keep it going...

See less See more
#44 · (Edited)
69A Squirrel gun

Tell us what was done to the 69A with the short barrel, length, etc....looks pretty cool.........Kevin
I got the rifle for $40 at a pawn shop, cosmetically challenged (looked like it had spent a week on the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean) but mechanically tight. Cut barrel to 16 1/2", sprayed-on Brownells hi-gloss epoxy on metalwork, amazingly durable, I let it cure three weeks then 0000 steel wool rubout, before assembling-- recrowned but flat-faced muzzle, the stock has been reshaped slightly and 18 lpi checkering of a rounded pattern put on by me. The trigger has a stop, and the spring inside was modified, so now the trigger is 3 1/2 pounds and breaks clean. Drilled three longitudinal holes into the buttstock under the plate for weight reduction, put super-light aluminum rings and a 1-7x variable Leupold (modified by them for a 50 yard parallax-FREE OF CHARGE!), barrel & receiver was bedded into the stock full length, hasn't been pulled since (5 years). Sling swivels installed. Will shoot an honest 1/2" at 50 using Federal subsonic match. Entire rig with scope weighs exactly 5 1/2 pounds.

#35 ·
not hardley

there are a lot of 52's out there! but now that I have your attension have you found us a A stamped sporting

the sporting that is in the gun vice is a C and i believe its unfired the pre A w/scope Cody wants us to send it down for aunth. we believe its factory D&T for blocks

I took the preA to the club to shoot it off hand a 50 ft. man its nice to shoot a vintage sporter

rafter-7

#36 ·
second picture, top rifle, left side is and experimental semi auto loading /bolt action 52. when the bolt is up its a semi auto when the bolt is down its a single shot

the factory scraped this idea due mainly to the over complicated trigger mechanism they could not get it to work right

rafter-7

#37 ·
Rafter you dog...

Wow....what a collection....and I remember on levergun you mentioned a large # of other 22s.....so this is just a sampling of what you have.....its times like this that I am happy for the rifles I have, see what you have, and others in the forum......but think about is sitting in closets, safes, on peoples walls etc....Winchester and others made a lot of great guns, and we are the minority that show what we have, and are happy to have and display them.
Merry Christmas to all................Kevin

#38 ·
yes there is more, there is the other wall and the racks. these are my dads 52s my 75 for this thread I wanted fresh photos of new never been on the "net"guns. I could post my old photos of vintage winchesters but that would be boring. My dad and I both got started very young collecting

we like rimfires

rafter-7

#47 ·
22AGS. Glad you like it. Something that many dont know is that UBERTI made a virtual clone of this gun. It has been discontinued for several years, and they are pretty rare in themselves. I know this is a WINCHESTER ONLY post,but I am going to post a pic for comparison sake. This was the first one I ever ran across,but I am sure there are others. I scooped up this one owner gun to have a shootable lever gun in the old tradition. Fortunatly,this only had a few boxs of shells through it when I found it,and the condition is supurb. I highly recommend that anyone who would like to have a shootable 1873 in .22 cal ,make the effort to find one of these. Anyway,pardon my transgression in posting a non Winchester. Brian.

#48 ·
Admired and Unfired

Amazing. I did not know Uberti made one. Really the only way to get to actually shoot these rifles, since the originals should probably only be admired and unfired. Keeping my eyes open now, thanks for the tip.

#52 · (Edited)
thats the pre war one.

rafter-7

yes they are all factory wood and metal its a scanned pic from a picture so its not to clear.

kevin in NH,

yes the one with the nice wood is a pre war sporting look at the forarm tip it goes almost strait up and down and the post war is more pulled back or a dovetail type tip look hard and you will see the difference.