New CZ owner - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Evil Ed

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New CZ owner

Hello All, I just picked up my new 452 special Sunday, and I'm in the process of breaking it in. So far IT'S A SHOOTER. The trigger has a little creep, but it's not too bad. I love the iron sights, although I did buy a set of Millet angle-loc rings to mount a little Weaver K3 post and crosshair scope I've had for years. Looks good. I think I'll order a Brooks trigger kit for it. Good idea? As I bought the rifle from a local stocking gun dealer the price was a little higher, but I feel it's money well spent.
Old 11-16-2004, 04:58 PM
TEXAS22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Evil Ed

Excellent choice on the rifle ........Brookie's trigger kit will improve it.
BTW......... to RFC

Last edited by TEXAS22; 11-16-2004 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:08 PM
DWARREN123

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes Brookie's trigger kit will help. There is just something about CZ's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2004, 09:50 AM
Evil Ed

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks, It's done, a safe, clean breaking trigger. Wonderful. As an aside, I've mounted the BSA 4x AO from my RWS air rifle and works well so far. After getting it mounted straight (never an task for me it seems) I shot the rifle to get it zeroed and check the tracking and it seems to return to zero accurately.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Crow Feather
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You might be interest in this info: to remove the rear sight blade from that tangent sight you only need to depress it with your thumb and slide it out of the slot toward the receiver. It is held in place only by a leaf spring. Then your set of Millet medium rings will have just enough clearance to mount a scope with a 40mm objective. The front bell will clear the rear sight framework by a few thousandths and that is as good as a mile. If you later decide to replace the rear sight all you need to do is put it in place, push down on it with your thumb and slide it back in place. It snaps right in. This worked on my 452 SE 2500 (the one with the 28" barrel).
Old 11-20-2004, 08:29 PM
recumbent

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
How do you like your SE? I saw one at a gun shop today looked like new for $229.00 The stock was a reddish orange color, is that normal? How does that long barrel shoot? I have been told they shoot real well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow Feather
It snaps right in. This worked on my 452 SE 2500 (the one with the 28" barrel).
Old 11-20-2004, 10:27 PM
blueridgeranger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi there Evil Ed and all
Welcome to the CZ. These are really fine shooting rifles, with or without the trigger mod, although I will admit I tried two with the mod the other day, and it is even easier to keep the rifle shooting to the same point of aim. Congratulations.
recumbent, take a peek at the latest Precision Shooting magazine. There is a CZ on the cover with an orange colored stock. Nice looking arm.
My next gun, will be a CZ, in .22LR. The one after that will be in the .17HM2 caliber. After that, I think I'll just sit back and smile, until another CZ comes my way.
I am really convinced these are the rifles to buy.
anyway, all the best to all
blu,eridgeranger
Old 11-20-2004, 10:55 PM
libertyman777
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I absolutely love my SE. Yes, it has the "orange" stock with rubber butt pad. It's certainly a shooter. I've scoped mine on several occasions but I always wind up returning to the irons (Brook's ghost ring).

Once you've set them up for your (or it's) favorite ammo, then just start shootin'. I shoot PMC Scoremaster in mine. Went to the range today. Fired a group at 25yards to check zero. 5 rounds measuring .31 CTC. Went on to plink away three boxes of ammo. Shooting soda bottles at 100, my spinners at 75, shotgun hulls and clothes pins at 50. Two hours and three boxes of shells later, I fired my last groups at 25 yards which measured .12" CTC. It was just one oblong hole. That rifle never ceases to amaze me.

It's been a while since I've seen a SE for that price. I'd jump on it if I were you. You'll have no problem getting you money back if you don't like it. Let us know what you decide.

Paul
Old 11-20-2004, 11:09 PM
BarryR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Y done they maks a lefthander????

the title pretty much says it all.
I would snap one up if they did,but they dont.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:10 AM
recumbent

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Based on your post I think I will go back next week and buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyman777
I absolutely love my SE. Yes, it has the "orange" stock with rubber butt pad. It's certainly a shooter. I've scoped mine on several occasions but I always wind up returning to the irons (Brook's ghost ring).

Once you've set them up for your (or it's) favorite ammo, then just start shootin'. I shoot PMC Scoremaster in mine. Went to the range today. Fired a group at 25yards to check zero. 5 rounds measuring .31 CTC. Went on to plink away three boxes of ammo. Shooting soda bottles at 100, my spinners at 75, shotgun hulls and clothes pins at 50. Two hours and three boxes of shells later, I fired my last groups at 25 yards which measured .12" CTC. It was just one oblong hole. That rifle never ceases to amaze me.

It's been a while since I've seen a SE for that price. I'd jump on it if I were you. You'll have no problem getting you money back if you don't like it. Let us know what you decide.

Paul
Old 11-21-2004, 12:53 AM
libertyman777
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I don't think you'll be disappointed. My SE was my first CZ, I got it about a year ago. I've just ordered my second one today, a Special. These CZ's are great rifles, you won't go wrong with owning any of them.

If it doesn't have one installed, get the Brook's trigger kit. They can be had for around $10 and are worth every penny. Also, if you find that you like the irons, get one of Brookie's ghost rings. It replaces your rear blade giving you a better sight picture. I've got a 1/16" for target work but I currently have the 3/32" in for hunting, though one size bigger might be better.

That's the thing about the CZ's. They are inexpensive to begin with, will shoot with rifles costing twice as much or more and for about $30 extra dollars you can make it even better.

Good luck!
Paul