Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:49 AM
HectorFuego
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Finally found one

I've had a S&W 5906 for several years, but have never been able to find a holster I liked that fit the thing. Bought an Uncle Mikes polymer holster at first but I thought I was going to have to get out a saw to remove the pistol from it. Then I got a thumb snap nylon holster with a built-in mag pouch but found I didn't like the thumb snap. My preference was for a polymer holster because I like the ease of draw, ease of re-holstering, and retention ... Oh yes it also had to be inexpensive. Not too many options out there.

Well, I recently bought a Fobus Standard Roto Paddle Holster and think I might have finally found my bliss. I had been reluctant to buy a Fobus holster because of some bad reviews and also the ones I had looked at years ago involved pushing a button to release the retention. This one is passive retention, holds well (at least in my case), and the draw is pretty smooth. My only complaint is that it doesn't have quite the positive click I would like when re-holstering. Retention is still good ... just no solid click. Can't complain too much for under $30 from Midway.

Hector
Old 10-30-2019, 04:08 PM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
The 5906 is a classic. Heavy and perhaps "clunky" in today's world, but I think it's got style and you can't beat an all steel automatic. But the gun isn't useful unless you can carry it around with you, and so a holster is important. Glad you've found one that you like and can carry that great classic pistol with you.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:51 PM
alro41
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Years ago I tried the Fobus rig for my Glock. Almost tore my jeans off trying to un-holster it. Couldn't hardly get it out with two hands. Then bought a nice leather "belt strap" rig - same problem. Now I just use a generic canvas material half holster. Later bought a Walther P22 and the Fobus works perfect for it.