The Watering Hole 11-11-2019 - Page 21 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 10:30 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Thanks all. Milo is estimated at 4 y.o. Someone had him as a pup as he was neutered when he first went to the shelter. He is already adopting us after just 1 day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2019, 11:05 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJ View Post
I’m glad I live in a poor county in Michigan.

Rich
Gonna stay that way too if they don't start handing out citations.

Back in the day before we sold our soul to tourism my aunt from the Deetroit area got a ticket for a couple miles over 25 along the lakeshore blvd next to a Dow plant in town where there was very little traffic then. She was po'd. Its busier now and 30mph. She 90 now but never forgot and I'll have to tell her they raised the limit there when I give her an xmas buzz on the landline, blood pressure ticker test coming. She calls me the son of her azz-oriface brother.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:35 PM
RichJ
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Gonna stay that way too if they don't start handing out citations.

Back in the day before we sold our soul to tourism my aunt from the Deetroit area got a ticket for a couple miles over 25 along the lakeshore blvd next to a Dow plant in town where there was very little traffic then. She was po'd. Its busier now and 30mph. She 90 now but never forgot and I'll have to tell her they raised the limit there when I give her an xmas buzz on the landline, blood pressure ticker test coming. She calls me the son of her azz-oriface brother.
In town I do whatever the speed limit states, 55 areas I do 57-58, interstate 75 unless everyone is going 85, then I’ll do 80. One of my pet peeves are folks that do 45, regardless of the posted speed wether it’s 25 or 55. Like their car has an on/off switch.

Good Night All

Rich

Watch Penny Dreadfull
Old 11-14-2019, 11:55 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
mdew, not in NC. Has to be 10 mph over. [NC General Assembly passed law 10 mph and under does not give points] Now, most officers will not write until 15 over. If lower, will get thrown out of court. Especially if driver gets a lawyer. Speed limit is 70 mph on US 64 and US 264 [how I go to the farms and come back]. I run 80 mph and folks pass me. Most are doing 90 mph. No LE ever seen. Drive 40 miles without a SHP being seen. Unbelievable.

Raining and 39 degrees.

All DVR'd shows seen.

Nothing on calendar but retirement party.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, RichJ, Rock, Tex, Brent, M92, Mike, dlong, Ranger, Greggie, Atonic, CMR, AZ, wr, COW, Hawkeye, Gerald, Phil, Squirrel, koonta, Wayne, jnyork, OldDave, JV, 404, JV, 1917, GP, JDWin, IHMS, Johnny, pans, RonL, carrij, arjay, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight
Old 11-15-2019, 12:00 AM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
New camera DIDN'T arrive, there was a huge foul up in the shipping.

I got a full refund on the way. I'll try again at a later date, from another vendor...

Bummer!

Rain all day manana, guess I'll do a little shopping.

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 11-15-2019, 12:36 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
We had the cameras. But we voted them out a few years ago.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Old 11-15-2019, 03:53 AM
Brent

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
This never gets old!!!

Brent
Old 11-15-2019, 06:15 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Sleeping w/o a mattress keeping ya up izzit, Brent?
Do hope you get some relief from the back pain soon.
--

Was fun watching the Browns play really good football the first half. I retired after watching the refs give the Steelers their first score, but see the Browns won it anyway even after having one of their better players ejected from enforcing a tough rule. I'm thinking the late hit wasn't something the guy could just up & stop when 100% committed to make a tackle. I do not believe it was an intentional personal foul & I think the new def. of 'pass interference' is being abused by the refs.

Hey, in this country we are still allowed to have opinions, if ya wanna have one. That's a good thing; old coots thrive on them & they don't have to B right either.
--

On those traffic cams from AZ.. the Governor here banned them from being used to harass & loot the citizens. You can/could go on line & watch any said violations they record. I got a citation for a supposed wrong turn on a red light a while back. Their vid clearly showed it was a legal turn! I also found out that if the vid had not been reviewed by an actual law officer from the entity issuing the 'ticket' prior, it wasn't considered valid. I went to the city hall where the 'ticket' was issued from & plead my case to a clerk expressing my displeasure, politely. I received a letter from that city later telling me that my situation had been evaluated & I was found 'not liable'; that's as close as that city has ever come to telling anyone they were 'not guilty', on a traffic ticket. Our Governor stopped that nonsense state wide, shortly afterwards. Some of the cameras remain up, but they are now just reminders of Orwell's prescience. Who needs it [traffic cams] now anyway? Everyone is spying on themselves.. w/their smart fones. Them thangs can also report your speed, ya know. We are living in interesting times.

And entropy is a fig mint. Care for another?
--

Wind still from the north, but not w/any conviction. Skies are clear; 39.

Old 11-15-2019, 06:33 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Several years ago got a ticket from DC cops for speeding, only problem was we were in NC when supposedly speeding, vehicle in photo was a Honda and we had a Dodge mini van. Cluster but finally got it sorted, NC does not issue points on such tickets by the way.

Funeral in Charlotte for Wife’s Nephew today, flooring guy had to take today off anyway so that’s working out, beginning to wonder if we’ll ever get the house back to normal. Sigh
Old 11-15-2019, 07:19 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post
mdew, not in NC. Has to be 10 mph over. [NC General Assembly passed law 10 mph and under does not give points] Now, most officers will not write until 15 over. If lower, will get thrown out of court. Especially if driver gets a lawyer. Speed limit is 70 mph on US 64 and US 264 [how I go to the farms and come back]. I run 80 mph and folks pass me. Most are doing 90 mph. No LE ever seen. Drive 40 miles without a SHP being seen. Unbelievable.
You just want to see if this yankee gets a fat ticket if I swoop down in my Ram drive @ 95mph for your closing ceremony?

Slept 4 hrs on the wrong side and 3/4 of me woke up, left leg completely numb with the lower back burning. Flipped over and it slowly went away.

Anyone try Twinkies cereal yet?

21˚
Old 11-15-2019, 07:45 AM
Mike Clark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
How does mud get into the grip?
It must be her workin' gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Its makeup she got on her hands putting on her face?
It's a My Cousin Vinnie reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZM30NvejbU

In Arizona they're famous for their dust.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:52 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

Without further ado:

IT IS DONUT FRIDAY

I've gotten my share of those evil traffic camera tickets. Here in NOLA, if you don't pay one, they say they'll attack your credit rating, but I've yet to see that happen. I can't imagine it'd be legal, as you've never entered into any agreement with that company in Arizona.
What they WILL do, is flag your license plate. When they find your car parked on a city street, legally or not, they slap a boot on your tire, and tow your car.
At that point you can't fight the ticket, because you'll rack up storage fees for your car for months, while they adjudicate your fine.
It's a criminal enterprise, I tell ya.

I've got a small vinyl siding job to order materials for today. Plus werk at the LGS.

This morning I'll put a coat of Renaissance Wax on the new shotgun stock, and perhaps NOREMF will smile down on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404tbang View Post
Meanwhile.........

“Hey guys, check this out! HE ran HIS background check using HIS FBI login!”

“Pffft, that’s easy enough, activate Plan “D”. But just for awhile. He’ll figure out we’re messing with him, but what’s he gonna do?” “Yuk yuk yuk!”

It could happen!
Yea. That's what's going on, I tell ya.

People are walking in space this morning.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:58 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Clark View Post
Nice !

You got mud in your grip.
How does mud get into the grip?
From the ninja boot while entering the vehicle for a stealthy getaway, mayhap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichJ View Post
In town I do whatever the speed limit states, 55 areas I do 57-58, interstate 75 unless everyone is going 85, then I’ll do 80. One of my pet peeves are folks that do 45, regardless of the posted speed wether it’s 25 or 55. Like their car has an on/off switch.

Good Night All

Rich

Watch Penny Dreadfull
Almost exactly what I do. More can happen in built up areas, so I assume the Po-leece are more sensitive in those areas than out on the free 'murican open road. So far, that plan has worked for me as I've never had any tickets of any sort while driving.

And, big mega-ditto angryeyes on the "45ers". They must be everywhere. Tick me off big time, especially after following them on the highway, then they zoom through the reduced speed areas at the same speed.

Around here, they often have Flori-duh license pates and/or drive slack-jawed. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post

Nothing on calendar but retirement party.

Is that the one where all your girlfriends jump out of a pecan pie?

Last edited by gewehrfreund; 11-15-2019 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:28 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Apparently there was some excitement after the end of last night's football game.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:02 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Clark View Post
It's a My Cousin Vinnie reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZM30NvejbU
We just watched it again within the last week.

I see my Wings lost in OT in the wee CA hrs..

Skipped the donuts yesterday making groceries and got one caramel covered apple fritter to test on the Finn because of her fondness of caramel apples and, the XL baker said he couldn't make enuff off em because of their popularity. It passed with flying colors.
Fat cook/good food was the saying in the military.

Pro gambler named James won last nite in a contest of past winners in a 2 nite Jeopardy special. Freaking guy cheats with his photographic memory.