Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-02-2019, 05:08 PM
Jodwillow

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Another vote for the Gru-Bee Wolf Pup

I have a new SA-22 on the way from Bud's. It is the "new for 2019" Grade II/III octagon barrelled one, with silver receiver and gold trigger. I too, anguished over installing a"too big" scope, deciding I needed a 3/4" tube, as short as practical.

Behold the Gru-bee Wolf Pup:
--3/4" tube, 9 1/4" long 4X with all the modern glass features

--Glossy black with included 3/8" dovetail or Weaver type mounts
--A reproduction of the "Baby" Redfield Westerner, but with modern fabrication techniques (see it compared to the Redfield on Gru-Bee's website)
-- The Baby Redfield was marketed under the Browning name specifically for the SA-22-- it's just right size is perfect
--Plus, a choice of 3 different reticles and includes lens caps.

At $145 and free shipping I may need one for my T-Bolt Sporter as well!
Old 06-03-2019, 04:55 PM
Camster

TPC Rating: 
99% (54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodwillow View Post
I have a new SA-22 on the way from Bud's. It is the "new for 2019" Grade II/III octagon barrelled one, with silver receiver and gold trigger. I too, anguished over installing a"too big" scope, deciding I needed a 3/4" tube, as short as practical.

Behold the Gru-bee Wolf Pup:
--3/4" tube, 9 1/4" long 4X with all the modern glass features

--Glossy black with included 3/8" dovetail or Weaver type mounts
--A reproduction of the "Baby" Redfield Westerner, but with modern fabrication techniques (see it compared to the Redfield on Gru-Bee's website)
-- The Baby Redfield was marketed under the Browning name specifically for the SA-22-- it's just right size is perfect
--Plus, a choice of 3 different reticles and includes lens caps.

At $145 and free shipping I may need one for my T-Bolt Sporter as well!
Tempted to add one to my old SA22, though it has worn superior 1" tube compact Leupolds in the past,which look perfectly fine on the little gun.
I think that your T-bolt deserves something better. A 3/4 tube with small lenses doesn't give great field of view or the best light gathering qualities.4x is pretty minimal for all but casual plinking.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:55 AM
brosteve

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I wish I had seen either the older Browning or the Weaver. I took the Leupold cantilever because it was available locally and I didn't at the time imagine that there would be any significant difference between cantilever mounts. Wrong. The Leupold locates the scope much farther forward, so the solution for me was get a scope with lots of eye relief or a longer scope. Leupold will change any of their scopes to 75 yd paralax (did it for free) so lots of options. I chose to use a Bausch & Lomb elite 3-9x40 which is just long enough to give me eye relief and is oh, so crystal clear. I know it doesn't look as "cute" as a small rimfire scope, but I often prefer more low light squirrel performance than I get out of little 32-36mm objectives. YMMV Of course, if I REALLY wanted "cute" I would leave it scopeless. Wish my eyes would cooperate with that!

Old 06-13-2019, 06:08 PM
jstanfield103
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I have my ADT 22 scoped. I have the Browning barrel mount with a cheap new Tasco 2-7 3/4" scope on it. Really like this slim small scope on it. Shoots great. It now is my only scoped 22lr. rifle.

Old 06-13-2019, 07:05 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
J S Those ainít throngs that come with that scope! I know cause I got that scope on a BL 22. Hers my lates attempt

Last edited by Toomany22s; 08-11-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:18 AM
jstanfield103

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
TooMany
Looks like yours works pretty good
Old 06-14-2019, 05:07 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well see this week end. I put the parts on to lock the barrel on, bought the cow catcher rail on eBay, aluminum nut cast iron, and the scope is an old 3x9 Tasco Rimfire.. while the other one shoots great the weaver rail was too short for a regular scope so it ended up being a scout scope. Mounted pretty far forward.