Rhineland Arms Rail and Para Stock Pics - Page 11 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Doc Nonverbal
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

Thank you for the link - I had never heard of Zimmerman before this. Their stock looks interesting.

Being an admitted gun crank and curmudgeon, I would like to be able to utilize aftermarket AR-15 grips and ideally free-float tubes.

I think the challenge would be figuring out a way to use a free-float tube without utilizing a top rail to cover the receiver. If this proves impractical, some form of customizable fore-end would need to be worked out.

The quad rail on the Zimmerman looks nice, but I'd end up having to mill off or cover the bottom rail for shooting off of a rest.

Yeah, picky picky...

EDIT: Ah.. Now I see! The Zimmerman is actually a receiver, not just a cover for the receiver. Very interesting!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Q2arrowhunter

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Have been holding out for a Rail. Rhineland had on their site that the rail was no longer made, but that there was a replacement in the works for late 2012. Well I could never get a response other than they no longer made the Rail - that much I figured out without the emails. I never got a good answer on anticipated release of the replacement. In the meantime I bought a Para. The fit was not great so i bedded the receiver. Shoots great and looks pretty good

Well I was able to pick up a used Rail for $150. I am stoked. I also have an Archangel 556 stock, but like another poster I prefer to mount my optics to the rail on the receiver and not the poly spacer/rail.

Finally got my Rail.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Spinner

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Q2arrowhunter,

Glad you finally got your rail stock...please keep us updated on your next build.

Spinner

Old 11-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Q2arrowhunter

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minute of Zombie View Post
^ this! I would be willing to pay 40-50% more for for slick all aluminum rail, heck I'd pay that for a gen2. That being said I am looking forward to seeing the next generation of para stocks.
There is one for sale in the market place on this forum. I just bought oneand was going to get this one too but my oldest sons truck needed tires. Safety first. If it doesnt sell by next week i am going to pick it up.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:00 PM
ca2111usmc
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have been waiting for months for Rhineland to get the para stocks back in. I want one so bad I can taste it. Out of desparation I even took a pencil to one of my carbine stocks but talked myself out of cutting it up for now.

They must have a bunch of former contractors on staff... I keep gettin told "a couple more weeks... Later this month..."

I had the wife convinced the it would make a fine Christmas gift.

The wait continues.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Q2arrowhunter

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

My Rail and my son's Para. It use to be my Para but I finally got a Rail and swapped out his Archangel 556 stock for the Para. Filled the tube with ammo just incase.