Smallbore Lever action sight questions - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-18-2020, 01:49 PM
Hanshi
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I know I'm behind the times but have both Lyman and Williams receiver sights on several rifles including my old 39A. There are, or were, two models of Williams receiver sights. I have both types and the 39A sports the higher quality model. Mine date back many decades so I can't speak for recent production; but the one on my rifle is easily adjusted and reliable.

Old 11-20-2020, 08:30 PM
PAndy

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Steyr, see this photo (if the link works).

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1005995773

This shows a Williams sight with the thumb screw installed on the elevation gib lock. With it you can adjust elevation between stages in about five seconds without any screwdrivers. I rarely mess with the tiny screws on the knobs . Have fun with whatever you choose.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:18 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAndy View Post
Steyr, see this photo (if the link works).

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1005995773

This shows a Williams sight with the thumb screw installed on the elevation gib lock. With it you can adjust elevation between stages in about five seconds without any screwdrivers. I rarely mess with the tiny screws on the knobs . Have fun with whatever you choose.
Thanks, I saw that earlier and it seems like everyone agrees it's ok to keep that elevation screw a little loose for positive clicks.

I'm getting some 1/2 scale targets soon and will see if I still like the hold over method as I'm hitting a 12" plate consistently at 100m.
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM
PAndy

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I do not tighten the tiny screws that adjust tension of the knobs. Just for decent firm clicks. I do keep gib lock thumb screw snug while shooting. I prefer the old steel redfields but I have knocked over a lot of turkeys with the williams as well. Hopefully we will be shooting leverguns at Ridgway PA this summer.