Rossi SA 62 question - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-21-2020, 09:45 PM
HeavyBluntObject

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question Rossi SA 62 question

Hello, I came by one of these not too long ago and grabbed it. A buddy sold it to me, but alsop let me know it had had some unfortunate things happen. I lubed it and could see no obstructions, so i tested it, and it shoots great.
However the pump is sticky and STIFF. Not sure how to get it apart. Honestly I had to load it up with aerokroil initially to get it to move.

I have looked and not see too much video or tutorial wise but I am seeing Winchester 62 videos when i search for this. Is that search engines being dumb, or is this similar internally?

I am sure it will be a fine rifle, all worked well and it shot straight. I just need to get the pump apart. And ever since first too a 1911 apart just trying to figure it out and spent the next 45 minutes trying to find where the barrel bushing went im leary to try without good instructions or a general video.

Any suggestions would be welcome!
Old 11-21-2020, 10:14 PM
rellisonii

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
the rifle is mostly a clone of the winchester, should be able to use those videos as a guide.
Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM
Kestrel4k
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Although my Rossi has always been smooth, the action of my fathers' Win62 was a bit stiff; I found that a full disassembly (& I mean /full/) and cleaning worked for it - almost certainly the first time it saw that in 70 years. I even did the bolt assembly.

I'm guessing that gummy WD-40 could be a possible culprit with yours - I think people don't want to tear them down fully so just some probably spray the internals in such a fashion.
Just follow the Win62 procedures & it should go fine; while you do it, you might even see a burr or something as well.
Just don't let someone talk you out of that rifle; mine is very well made and for some reason they remain underrated even with Win62's being as expensive as they are.

Link to my brief M62 album if anybody is curious:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/letnw4itp...ABBHRlsCa?dl=0

Last edited by Kestrel4k; Yesterday at 11:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a Rossi 62 SA. I've had mine with an octagon barrel for several years and it's a nice shooting little rifle.
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
HeavyBluntObject

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
When i got it it was 100% seized, my buddy i got it from said it might not be fixable. I started with Aerokroil, a few passes of it to get it to where it is now. Shoots really well. SUPER stiff.

I dont object to 100% disassembly, i built a 10-22 and a 1911 from scratch it was more that I wanted to make sure these were all the same so i could read up on things so there were fewer surprises.

THANKS!
Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Super stiff, just shoot it , flush it out with solvent and lube it . Over and over. It will break in just fine.
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM
HeavyBluntObject

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yeah thats the plan, again this was more just to verify that the Winchester62 was more or less the same thing. I will dig into it as I have time during the week hopefully.

Thanks all for the confirmation