Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CMP Daisy

3K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  walterkirklin 
#1 ·
My Daisy came today from CMP. Rather pleased with the condition it is in. I know it can be hit or miss from the 22 sales years ago. Now I can continue to shoot during these frigid temperatures in the basement. Lighting will have to be improved though.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
#6 ·
I've had a lot of fun with mine. I have a cheap 4x16 scope on mine. Focuses down to the 24ft I shoot. I print a target with an array of ovals simulating silhouette critters.

Looks good Shorty and should be an accurate piece. I just added a clamp light to the metal shelving holding my pellet trap and that seems to work well.

Frank
I added one of those to the book case my trap sits on a long time ago. Aluminum reflector, spring clamp, often seen keeping little chicks warm.

#10 ·
I must say I am satisfied with the way it shoots too. Only 9 yards but that is all I can get in my basement without opening the man door to the garage and it is way to cold in there for that right now. I will shoot it at 10 meters when it warms up.
it makes me want to order another.:D

Attachments

#13 ·
Total junk....that's why I've bought 3 of them, wore out the cocking lever on one, ordered two more incase I couldn't fix it, got the part, fixed the original. One of the new ones arrived with a broken stock (wonder how they missed that?) but CMP promptly sent a new one. All three running great now, need to give one to a deserving kid.

#15 ·
Gerald, I saw you post a while back about getting a scoped one and iron one, I liked that idea that's why I got two out of the gate,,,

If your wondering what CMP does to them before shipping, " I " really think if it shoots to spec they just ship them,, I pulled both of mine completely apart one looked brand new inside clean and no wear at all. This one was a mess full of trash looked like it had been shoot a ton,, and a little advice if you pull yours apart, don't remove the wiper if it looks good, I tore three brand new ones trying to put one back on, it's A PITA,,, and really didn't need to come off,,:cool: and have patience putting the trigger group back together it wants to complete blow apart putting the two halves back together… :Blasting_
John

Attachments

#16 ·
These rifles are a lot of fun. Surprisingly accurate.

Just a word of warning on the trigger job. (at least the one done on mine) The trigger is adjustable with an allen wrench, but if you get it too low it may fire when you close the bolt. That is never a good thing, but particularly bad when your shooting indoors!

Daisy sells an inexpensive (@40.) target sight that is a fair amount better than the sights that come from the cup.

#18 ·
John, what, if anything, did you use in the cleaning? I have about 10 rifles I want to do deep cleaning and maintenance (6 for our Cadet Corp group and 4 from our 4-H group). Took one apart and there was dirty oil everywhere. So I'm thinking they all need some love. The seal kits, hammers, and springs are in the mail. And what precipitated this was one of the rifles was not closing right. I took it apart and it had dirty oil everywhere. I have a new tube and piston coming for that rifle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.