Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-25-2022, 08:20 AM
MackDaddy1962

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Hope he doesn't slide off the stock with all that wax.
HaHa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
It will really bead-up when going through the stock wash.

Doug
Yup, she'll bead up quite nicely!

Latest project looks challenging to say the least Larry. Interesting!
Old 01-25-2022, 07:23 PM
lbjennings
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
🔴🔴 STOCK 216 10/22 BULLPUP 🔴🔴

Today, I cut out the covers for the moving parts. I also did a little sanding. The last picture is with the red dot scope mounted on the barrel. The mount is not gonna work, I think it sets the scope a little too high, probably the best way to get the height correct is measure one of my rifles. Not sure it's gonna work or not, but I think I'll try screwing a scope base to the wood that will cover the top of the action.
You can tell, I'm not too sure what to do with this build. Oh well, I love a challenge.

Last edited by lbjennings; 01-25-2022 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:48 PM
lbjennings

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
🔴🔴 STOCK 216, 10/22 BULLPUP 🔴🔴

I got the forearm cut down a little and did some shaping today. I also ordered an extended release for the magazine.

Last edited by lbjennings; 01-26-2022 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:21 PM
ShooterUp
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nice work, pretty good engineering, too.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:36 PM
TheGunNut

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pretty cool bullpup! I have always liked the idea of having a bullpup, but I shoot with my left eye. Most of them don't really agree with me. Oh well....

tom
Old 01-27-2022, 10:04 PM
lbjennings

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
🔴🔴 Stock 216 🔴🔴

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunNut View Post
Pretty cool bullpup! I have always liked the idea of having a bullpup, but I shoot with my left eye. Most of them don't really agree with me. Oh well....

tom
Hey Tom, this is a first for me. It will be something my family can talk about, when I’m gone. I can’t say I really like the shape, but it’s just something I’ve wanted to see if I could build one.
Thanks for checking out this unusual build.
Larry

Last edited by lbjennings; 01-27-2022 at 10:13 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM
lbjennings

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
🔴🔴 STOCK 216 🔴🔴

Today, I got the top cut out and glued together. After placing the scope on the top, I'll need to lower it about 1/4 inch so the red dot will look like it should. Building this thing has been a lot more work than a regular stock and I still have a ways to go.
Larry

Last edited by lbjennings; Yesterday at 04:34 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Definitely different, looks like it would be a very challenging stock to do. I know it's probably too late now but maybe there a way you can attach the optic rail to the barrel with some bar stock or something. Not sure how well it will work out being screwed into the wood? Just a suggestion, I know you don't need anyone to tell you how to do anything when it comes to stock making.
Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM
lbjennings

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
Definitely different, looks like it would be a very challenging stock to do. I know it's probably too late now but maybe there a way you can attach the optic rail to the barrel with some bar stock or something. Not sure how well it will work out being screwed into the wood? Just a suggestion, I know you don't need anyone to tell you how to do anything when it comes to stock making.
Your probably right about the sight on the wood, but I tried a mount on the barrel and didnít care for that. Iím just doing this for fun anyway, I will take it out to see how it will shoots and then Iíll put it up and may never shoot it again, unless one of my grandkids wants to give it a try. With the sight being so far from the barrel, it canít be too accurate.
What would be great is an extension rail that would mount on the receiver. I donít know if anything like that exists.
Who knows, I may get rid of the top piece of wood and try a barrel mount later. I really donít know what Iím doing with this build.
Larry