2017 Shawnee squirrel hunt - Page 13 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:13 AM
SARGE
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (77)

Quote:
Originally Posted by headspaced View Post
I'm planning on getting over there to the Shawnee. Will see!
I certainly hope you make it!!!!!
Old 08-09-2017, 11:02 PM
Trapdog
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE View Post
Hey Trapdog! Surely you've ate some armadillo!!
Uh that would be a no. Iíve heard they carry lepersy. (sp)
However, I will say I had lots of fun chasing them around the woods over in East Texas. If you ever catch one just as it goes into a hole youíve got a tussle on your hands trying to pull them out.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:09 AM
SARGE
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (77)
yep, they carry leprosy, but leprosy is the least contagious disease in the world and you have to be exposed to it for years before contracting it. If you do contract it modern medicine can arrest it immediately. So, you go ahead and get you one and find out how good they are.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:37 PM
Crow Feather
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reb henderson View Post
I have missed you Crow. It sure aint the same without you. I have been ailing a bit and not sure if or when I am going to get to feeling better. Doc was supposed to schedule me for a colonoscopy 3 or so weeks ago. hasnt done it yet. Upper Stomach, Lower Stomach, Back, everything hurting and bothering me. Now the the wife is scheduled for one. Maybe he will make it a two for one special. Anyway, I am glad your old hatchet-arse is back and pray Mrs. Crowfeather is doing better.
Thanks, Reb. Good to hear from you. I got my scheduled colonoscopy a couple of weeks ago. Removed some polyps, etc. I got a twofer. Or a BOGO or something. I got the scope done at the same time. Doc said he would throw it in for free and he did. Said he was leaving town to open a new practice in East Tenn.
Didn't know he was going to use the same instrument for both exams. Guess that was why it was free. Pull it out of one end, wipe it on his britches leg, and stick it down the other. And maybe he had been doing them that way for a while and that was why he was leaving town. I don't know.
Do know that the scope results were not as good as the colonoscopy results but the big "C" wasn't in either one.
I'm getting cataract removal and lens replacement for my shooting eye on the 22nd.
Sure wish I could say I would be at Shawnee this year. My left eye came out 20/20 and if my right eye comes out anywhere close to that squirrels would die. I couldn't even read road signs before, much less an eye chart.
Getting old is an adventure you don't want to miss. Every morning you get up wondering what is going to hurt, break or fall off when you move.
Anyway, I'm still trying to have as much fun as I can as often as I can and for as long as I can. I still got it a whole lot better than a lot of others.
Crow Feather
Old 08-11-2017, 11:50 PM
Crow Feather
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by headspaced View Post
Thanks for asking Patience, I'm feeling fine, but under closer scrutiny than Donald Trump and the Roosians. My wife and daughters have become black belt number crunchers in cahoots with the Doctors and nurses conspiring to make me Healthy,, according to Them! I'm planning a break out soon. I even ate a salad for dinner tonite! With a glass of,,, water!!!!!! I acted as if I liked it. I'm cleared to ride the mower, but no tractors. They hid both chain saws. I stood 100 sporting clays targets last week without issue, except for getting caught cheating on the score card. I'm planning on getting over there to the Shawnee. Will see!
A hundred sporting clays is a pretty good workout, headspaced. That will start to get you in shape. But eating salad will kill you. I've tried it and it always gave me terrible heartburn unless I mixed it with a good steak or something. I don't eat much salad so I can't even remember what steak tastes like now. But I do love good home cooked garden vegetables and cornbread.
Crow Feather
Old 08-12-2017, 06:34 AM
mike243
National Guard

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Use to be wonder whats going to hurt next,now its wonder whats not going to hurt today ,how long can a armadillo live? painted 278ACR on 1 down at Ft Stewart back in the 90's that I caught,dam thing wouldn't never ball up like they showed on Disney when I was a kid
Old 08-14-2017, 06:50 PM
therocky

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's a little early but I started getting my pile together so not to foget any truly important stuff .
Taff do you need a tent?
Old 08-14-2017, 11:49 PM
Taff

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the offer, but dan says he has one, and the last time you offered me a tent, it didn't, belong to you and I got a visit from two strangers in the middle of the night
Old 08-15-2017, 07:04 AM
SARGE

TPC Rating: 
100% (77)
Yeah, that was a dirty trick he pulled on you Taff. I tried to talk him out of it, but he wouldn't listen to me.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:20 AM
therocky

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yea Sarge you were giggling saying that.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:22 PM
langenc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff View Post
Thanks for the offer, but dan says he has one, and the last time you offered me a tent, it didn't, belong to you and I got a visit from two strangers in the middle of the night
So did the bears wait till AM to repossess their tent??

That is a dirty trick.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:42 PM
Taff

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No they turned up early hours of the morning, big v8 , head lights shinning straight in, not sure if it was there tent either, it was most probably a drop point, for some illicit objects, I sat outside after they arrived and got eaten by mosquitoes
Old 08-16-2017, 10:03 AM
therocky

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I try to do something nice for some one and it always backfires .
Old 08-16-2017, 03:40 PM
Taff

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It was funny though, one of the best pranks ever
Old 08-16-2017, 05:36 PM
Trapdog
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE View Post
yep, they carry leprosy, but leprosy is the least contagious disease in the world and you have to be exposed to it for years before contracting it. If you do contract it modern medicine can arrest it immediately. So, you go ahead and get you one and find out how good they are.
I'll just take your word for it Sarge.