Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Such a pretty site

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Racer88 
#1 ·
Was at my local wallyworld and I have not seen this much 22 especially bricks in years. Too bad prices were the same the last time they stocked it this good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Winchester M22. Never bought it, never shot it, but there is a memory that for some reason that always comes up when I think of it. 2013, when everything was extremely scarce. Maybe one of the 3 times I actually went to walmart and waited when the sporting goods guy would bring out what they got in around 6:30. There were about 10 local Yahoos in there waiting in the sporting goods dept. The ones that would do that every night and then gouge it out on Facebook groups for twice what they paid. All of these random people just sitting around in there and then some dolt comes in and gets the attention of the sporting goods kid, during a known ammo shortage where there is nothing on the shelf and asks, "Excuse me, do you have any M22?". Kid looked at him like had snakes coming out of his eyes and just said, "Sorry, we sure don't".

End of that day, I think all they got in that night was a box of that cheap 100rd low brass #7 12 gauge shells, and the yayhoos promptly bought it all up.

#5 ·
When Winchester first brought out the M-22 it was $50/2-500 round count boxes. During the scarcity I walked into a WM and they had 3 of the bulk boxes on the shelf for $50 a piece. :eek: I asked the clerk if the 3 boxes/customer applied and the answer was "Yes.":) I just bought 2 of them. I left one for another happy shopper. I have still found it a time or two at a Academy Sporting Goods for $50/2 pack box.

I also believe the M-22 and the Browning Bulk target ammo are the same round. Both black lubed, muzzle velocity, etc. I will buy it for sure when I find it at $50. The Browning is generally a little more/round than the Winchester. I prefer a 40 gr. RN over the lighter HPs. The Fed. smaller blue bulk boxes of 275 rounds (+/-) is a little more costly per round, but the 710 is good and so is the Fed AM when the price is marked down to $14.xx.

VH :eek:man:

#13 ·
Thats exactly what I saw at the local WM last night, looks stacked the same and same prices.
Very tempting to snag a few of those M22 but I've never tried it.
Even thought the price wasn't that great I did pick up a few boxes of CCI SV just because it felt good to buy RF at Wally World again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.