Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:58 AM
redlightrich

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Newb needs help breaking in

Hi All, I am new to this, not shooting, but bench. I have a Annie 64 F class sporter ( designed for prone) and a Weaver T36.

I intend to use it at my home range. 50 yds mostly. I have noticed that every minute movement becomes exaggerated with the 36x scope.

At present, I have no intentions of competing. Just against my own skill.

I am looking into some sort of "rest" to use. I have a shooting bench set up, and have already tried bipod. I want something more stable.

I am aware my rifle may not be the best tool due to the factory stock, but it is what I have.

Any ideas of a good rest. I am considering to spend up to 3-400 dollars at present for this, but will consider all ideas that will help me.

Thank you for any help

Rich
Old 05-21-2020, 06:45 AM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The best would be something like a Cowan front rest the corect front bag and rear bag.but youre talking $400 to $ 500. Next would be a caldwell rock front rest and correct bags $100 to $150. Next would be this https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Tack...s%2C189&sr=8-1.

Also if you put your bipod on a cushion, it helps a lot. Along with a good rear bag.

The front rests ar heavy and a pia todrag to and from the range.

They make attachments for sporter forends that fit into some front rests that make them act like true bench rest stocks , flat bottoms that let the gun slide back on recoil vs jump.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:04 AM
Kodiakco
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post

They make attachments for sporter forends that fit into some front rests that make them act like true bench rest stocks , flat bottoms that let the gun slide back on recoil vs jump.
If your Annie has a track.
https://www.whiddengunworks.com/product/track-plate-2/

And

If it doesn't have a track.
https://www.sinclairintl.com/shootin...prod35661.aspx

Living the Tech Life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2020, 08:33 AM
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Here’s a couple options from Sinclair. Consider good rests as “infrastructure” that will serve well into the future so I stretched a bit as far as price.

Having windage adjustments is a BIG plus. I like the weight and stability in a heavy rest.

This heavy varmit rest runs at $408.00 plus front bag.
C0ACBF07-27D5-4A94-946D-D3232D8C76EC_1590067012785.jpeg

The Competition rest runs higher at $649 plus front bag. Have a all purpose top for the Competition model but highly recommend the 3” BR top. Just add plate for the narrower stocks.
4A530F0D-83A6-4ED9-9F8D-E3CECE5873DC_1590067149294.jpeg

https://www.sinclairintl.com/shootin...prod39322.aspx

Last edited by Cattleman30; 05-21-2020 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Sp
Old 05-21-2020, 07:52 PM
redlightrich

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you so much

You are all awesome. Great ideas for me. Yes I have a front track, actually 2 one on bottom and one on the side, not sure why the side one but, it appears if I open my wallet a little wider, I have some great options.

Heck, I paid enough for the gun, scope and rings, may as well pay up and get a good stand too.

I do really appreciate all the ideas.

Now I have some direction.

Be safe

Rich