New Zephyr II Inbound - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-17-2020, 06:33 AM
Patriot_MD
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New Zephyr II Inbound

I remember the original Steyr Zephyr as one of the finest .22's I ever shot when I was a kid. A friend's dad had one back in the late 60's. It was also the first rifle I had ever seen with a full-length Mannlicher stock. I thought it was cool.

When I saw that the Zephyr II came out in 2019, I was intrigued but, my shooting priorities were in a different place at the time. I put it on the back burner. I figured, like anything Steyr, there would be a few bugs for them to work-out at first and it would probably take a while before US distribution caught up to demand and prices would come down below MSRP. I'm glad I waited.

I know it isn't an original Zephyr but, with prices going northwards of $2500, the Zephyr II is probably as close as I'll ever get to one.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:40 AM
BobSc
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I really like these rifles a lot and have considered purchasing one, but couldn't find a distributor at the time or any info on pricing. What are they going for these days?

Bob
Old 11-17-2020, 01:32 PM
Patriot_MD

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got mine for $844 + tax.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2020, 03:37 PM
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to James Cottrell
Saw on at my range few weeks ago. It shot as well as my CZ but was much prettier.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:32 PM
HUSHKABOOM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
I have checked them out at the local Cabelas library a few times. Can't remember what they were priced at. Interesting rifles and a few have had some figure in the stock.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:46 PM
Patriot_MD

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Cottrell View Post
Saw on at my range few weeks ago. It shot as well as my CZ but was much prettier.
I'll bet it did shoot as well as your CZ! Steyr is renowned for the accuracy of their rifle barrels.

I've been so laser-focused on handguns during the last ten years, I forgot what it meant to have a really good bolt action .22 rifle to practice my basic marksmanship skills. My Ruger American LRT is perfect for target shooting and hunting from a stationary position but, not very practical for toting around on a sling. I think that's the niche that the Zephyr II will most likely fill.