Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-16-2018, 10:52 PM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Norico atd question

I know they arenít Browningís but I figure you guys will know the answer.

I have lost the ball bearing that sits in the divots between the locking ring and the lock. The donít show this on the schematic , but itís got to be on the Browning too. It allows the lock to slide open and closed.

So what size ball bearing do I need?
Old 12-17-2018, 04:33 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Can't help but looked these up for you. Don't know which one you are needing.

Brownells has both in stock
https://www.brownells.com/parts/Brow...o+22/index.htm

This one is in stock
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...g-semi-auto-22

This one shows short and Long 22
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/186240A

This one maybe the one you need. Not sure.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/186200

Good Luck to you my friend

Last edited by jstanfield103; 12-17-2018 at 04:39 AM.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:52 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks , brownells had what I needed. Order on its way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2018, 02:03 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Toomany22s
You know I have been looking at this same rifle for over a month at the LGS. I decided after reading a lot about it that these are not Browning's but really pretty close and a exact copy. So I went and bought the one the LGS had, I noticed the barrel was just a little loose and after getting it home and taking the fore end off the locking wheel/ Adjusting wheel free spends. So I will be placing an order for the adjusting ring follower and spring. They were missing.

So I am glad that I looked it up for you. now off to the range to see how it shoots.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:14 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My first one shoots great, this one did to until I lost my little parts at the range. But they are on there way. At 1/2 the price of the browning they are a great deal.i hope yours shoots good too.its funny but while I was buying the second one I was thinking,ok I get this cleaned up and set up and then I will contact J. And see if he wants it. Itís something I do when Iím buying a gun I donít need cause I already have one but the gun appeals to me , so I want it anyways,

So far itís the Norinco, a 39 a, a Rossi 62, a Winchester model 70,a few 1022s and related parts. Etc. I was excited to see your 1894 in 357, cause that meant I didnít have to someday offer mine to you, or that when I do itís likely youíll say , nah, I already got one , and mines stainless!

Thanks for the help, and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-17-2018, 11:35 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Took her out to the range and she fired very well. I could hit my 4" plates at 25 yards off hand but not my 2" or 3" plates. I did not sight her in yet just really a function test. I will sight her in in the afternoon tomorrow with some paper punching.

Took it to the gun room to clean her up. Took her all the way apart and the thing was just filthy. Got it all cleaned up and even made a new detent for the lock ring along with a spring I had in my parts bin. Now the locking ring locks the barrel good and tight, no wiggle or looseness at all. I will probably still order the correct part for it but right now the one I made is working great. Took an old AR 15 locking pin detent and filed a post around one end with a jewelers file so that it would fit in the spring and have a 90 degree ledge to compress the spring. Worked out very well.

Previous owner had the rear sight set all the way up so I know at 25 yards it had to be shooting high. Plus the rear sight was not centered. I correct both of those problems (might be a problem may have been correct) and will make proper adjustments tomorrow with paper targets and a bench.

Toomany22s, thanks for thinking of me when purchasing the second one.

Can't wait to see how it ends up.

Last edited by jstanfield103; 12-18-2018 at 06:39 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:04 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The first one I bought was actually new in box. So clean up was easy. The secon one while in 98% cosmetic condition was filthy. Like someone had bought it shot it until it couldnít shoot anymore put it in a closet and 10 years later traded it in. The butt stock wiggled on the receiver, I fixed that with a shim. I may not have lost the lock spring and detent , the old owner might have, cause the lock didnít have any spring pressure.When I took off the forend the inside wood was unsealed and sprouting some sort of black mold , scraped out and seals the wood . Ran a patchor 10 up the magazine tube , filthy as sin , old owner must have liked Thunder bolts. I use copper wash on tube fed guns for this reason. And up until now I always thought lead deposits were mythical, this barrel had a lead mountainat the choke point . But the brass brushes I got from dr gunner and hoppes #9 got the barrel sparkling. And the rest of the action parts cleaned up real well too.

The best advice I can give you on this gun is , either shoot it with short sleeves, or long sleeves with tight cuffs and no openings. Cause that downwards ejecting brass is HOT.

Another plus is that itís got the right lop too!

Good luck and keep us posted !
Old 12-25-2018, 01:04 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Toomany22s
Got me spring and plunger in today, and got them put in. Shot another 100 rounds out of her today. Had three stove pipes. I have my barrel face against the cartridge guide so there is not gap. It shoots really accurate but I decided to order a new cartridge guide and spring for the cartridge guide. I also ordered a new cartridge stop. So that should take care of any problems I have had with the empty cases getting caught up between the bolt and barrel face. The new round will be loaded when this happens. So if those new parts don't fix it to 100% free of stove pipes. I will then order a new recoil spring and extractor. Nothing else could go wrong with it.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:14 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My parts havenít come yet. Probably due to the Xmas overload at usps. But as for stove pipes on a bottom ejector , that is most often caused by holding the gun crooked. Tilted left or right in anticipation of jacking the lever that is not there! Ps the extractors on these guns get all gunned up pretty fast causing them to hold on to the cartridge a longer than they should. Another cause could be hv ammo cycling the action faster than the mechanical timing is designed for,but also the Sv ammo could be running it to slow!

3 stove pipes in a 100 rounds, thatís not bad. This is a semi auto, designed a 100 years ago and copied by Chinese pirates. 97% thatís an A-, 97 fun shots.

Can I have your used parts? All of them ? Cause I think you are a perfectionist.
Me ,not so much.

Ever see that movie Odd Couple? Iím the mailman they play poker with!
Old 12-25-2018, 06:29 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
It could be that the HV ammo is cycling to fast. Funny thing is that when I first bought the rifle and before cleaning I shot 100 rounds (test rounds) and never had a single failure. After cleaning I had several failures. Looked it up on the internet (YouTube) and realized that I did not have the barrel all the way against the Cartridge guide. Re-cleaned again and oil very well to run wet with a lot better results. But still had way to many FTE (stove pipes). Continued to read up on it and even downloaded the factory service manual on the rifle.

That sent me to order the Cartridge guide and spring for it, and the Cartridge stop lever. It maybe so old that the recoil spring may need replaced also.

But you are correct it was a fun 97% shooting. It is really a very accurate rifle.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:33 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Toomany22s

I have this video that you might be interested in. He really does a great job explaining what and how the SA-22 really works. After watching this video I rounded the Cartridge guide spring where he talks about. Took my 22 ATD to the range ran 175 rounds without one failure (except for a round the I slip in backwards in the magazine tube ) Anyway, thought that I would post this video because thought that you would like it.
Happy New Year my friend and to everyone else in the world also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVFu_IiqcK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x5-MNTvgWk&t=279s

I have not gotten my new parts but now I believe I will just keep the cartridge guide and spring for it, plus the new recoil spring as back up since I got the rifle all worked out. Great day at the range.

Last edited by jstanfield103; 12-28-2018 at 09:45 PM.