Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

RFC Fun Shoot NEW Rules/Classes

21K views 98 replies 33 participants last post by  Shorty123 
#1 · (Edited)
Make a note of these, they will be the guide for all future Fun Shoots'
SmallCal.

RFC Fun Shoot; Classes and Rules
This Fun Shoot is for any RF cartridge rifle, to include the following, .22 RF, .22 Mag. , .17 RF.

All targets in each class are shot at 25 yards.

The (old) rules for Class 1 expired 4-30-09 and have been deleted. (This update to C-1 made 7-16 09)

Note that we will use three different classes of rifles for this shoot and from now on and these class rules will apply for all future Fun Shoots. Make a note of them.

(NEW Rules for Class 1 Fun Shoot as of 7-16-`09 SPECIAL ADDENDUM to C1 irons and scoped shoot. PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

This Class 1 Fun Shoot is reserved for beginners and novice of any age.
Targets will be generous and fairly easy to learn on.
Class 1. Box Stock HUNTING/PLINKING rifles only, NO target rifles allowed. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of a scope with variable power settings and shortening of the butt stock for fit to smaller shooters. Scope power will be assigned at the time of the shoot. Usually not more than 9X. Iron sighted rifles will use original sights or replacements like the original. Any rest is allowed except Machine Rest.
These modifications to this Class 1 shoot are implemented to allow older beginners and novice shooters to join in the Fun Shoot without the heavy competition of shooting against target type rifles and highly skilled shooters. Those rifles and shooters will go to Class 2 from now on. If you have questions, PM me direct. SmallCal

SmallCal

(Unchanged)
Class 2; Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifles. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of adjustable scopes with the power setting assigned at each shoot, adjustable receiver sights, globe front sights, trigger modifications/replacement to lighten weight of pull but NO low end limit but must be safe. Barrel replacement of any design that doesn`t make your rifle exceed the weight limit of 10.5 lb. total weight. Stock modifications or replacement stocks that resemble thumbhole or sporting stocks which have a convex forend profile and horizontal width no greater than 2 inches wide are allowed.
If your Modified Sporting Rifle exceeds any one or more of the above limits, it will be in the higher Class 3 group.

(Unchanged)
Class 3; All of those rifles that were/are designed for the strict purpose of Bench Rest Shooting with unlimited modifications and all of those rifles that exceed any limits in the Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifle class.
This class can be divided into two sub classes of those bench rifles with scopes (unlimited power) and those with iron sights (unlimited type). This sight division will allow all of the super race guns to be included here.

If you are unsure of the class you should be in, go to the next higher class and state that on your score/target postings.
I do know that there will be some rifles that are so close to fitting into more than one category that its hard to tell where they should go. If in question, go up a class.

Post score as shown here.

RFC Alias,__________, First name__________
Score w/ bonus________,Class________,
Scope______________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,________, Ammo,_________
Weather conditions____________
Excuses__

We shoot these Fun Shoots WITHOUT a time limit and NO restrictions on ammo except in C 1 which is limited to ammo costing $4.00 or less per box of fifty rounds. Take your time and have fun.

Thanks.

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
I havent followed this section at all so I may of missed it, but I dont see any mention of caliber? Is this for .22LR only, or any rimfire? Actually i dont even see a mention of rimfire only either, but this is RFC so im assuming rimfire only?

At any rate it sounds like fun and I may have to try it sometime in the future.

#9 ·
Exactly, RF only.
I added in the note on the Rules Page to reflect that.

"This Fun Shoot is for any RF cartridge rifle, to include the following, .22 RF, .22 Mag. , .17 RF. "
Thanks for bringing that up.:t

Do join in with us, we do something different each month to keep it interesting. Not too difficult but a bit challenging :eek: for all classes of RF rifles.

Bill SmallCal

#11 ·
Savage FVT: class 3? also....

This sounds like a lot of fun, unfortunately we only have 50 and 100 yard target holders at my club's small bore range. Am I right in assuming that a box stock FVT would have to shoot in class 3? Unfortunately for me, "Class 2 Irons" is the only 50 yard shoot.

#12 ·
This sounds like a lot of fun, unfortunately we only have 50 and 100 yard target holders at my club's small bore range. Am I right in assuming that a box stock FVT would have to shoot in class 3? Unfortunately for me, "Class 2 Irons" is the only 50 yard shoot.
burnt09,
Don`t let the FVT hold you back from shooting with us.
Shoot it in C-2 Irons and state on you score posting that you used a C-3 rifle to shoot the class due to your range setup.
We will add you into the final score sheet with a footnote about the rifle used.
We are kind of flexible in this Fun Shoot and try to accommodate everyone in someway until we adjust the targets/range to include them in a proper category.
Have Fun, thats what we do most here.
SmallCal Bill

#15 ·
Fine looking rifle. Great work went into it. :bthumb:
It will fit into C-2 real well since it isn`t a `Box Stock` hunter/plinker, but a custom build.
Thanks for checking in with it. Hope to see you on the Fun Shoot forum with some targets that are as nice as the rifle.:D
SmallCal

#19 ·
BMosley, I`m having difficullty with your phtos at the moment. It may be the server. I`ll get back with you as soon as I get the pics sorted out.
Bill*****************
OK now they work.
Both rifles will have to go to Class 2 due to the mods.
Bill

#20 · (Edited)
Pardon my ignorance... I know what a rest is, but what is a "machine rest" that is not allowed?

Thanks,

Bob
Edited to better clarify the true intent of the term used here,

A machine rest is a Pappas style rest (they don't hold the rifle "clamped") but do offer adjustments without touching the rifle and with a bungie cord… will return the rifle to "battery." In strict parlance, a machine rest is a part of a rail gun set-up, not often seen in RF cometition.

Bill

#29 · (Edited)
Would be cool, along with the rules of each class a pdf of the target for us to print out would help alot. Would make it more easy for all to join in.:)
This forum page is only the rules forum for the Fun Shoots.

Those PDF targets are included on the Monthly Rifle Fun Shoot forum page along with the rules of engagement for each class.
Look in this same forum slot FUN SHOOTS here http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314737 for the monthly schedule.
Welcome. :t
Bill

#31 ·
Welcome Rob,
Indoor shooting is perfectly acceptable. State it on your score postings and all is well.
There are several shooters that don`t have access to outdoor ranges and shoot with this gang on a regular basis. You`re welcome to join in.
Thanks for asking and we`re looking foward to seeing your postings.
Bill

#38 ·
i'm gonna shoot C2 with my 10/22. can i also shoot C3 with it? i'm by no means a seasoned shooter but would like to shoot the C3 targets as well as C2. can i do this?

and i also have a box stock Marlin 60 that i picked up for the kids. can i shoot it in C1 even though it's a beginner/novice class?

cody.

#39 ·
i'm gonna shoot C2 with my 10/22. can i also shoot C3 with it? i'm by no means a seasoned shooter but would like to shoot the C3 targets as well as C2. can i do this?

and i also have a box stock Marlin 60 that i picked up for the kids. can i shoot it in C1 even though it's a beginner/novice class?

cody.
Welcome Cody.
You are good to go.
If you feel confident enough to go up against those C-3 UNL. BR Rifles with your 10/22, by all means go for it.:bthumb: Put a note on the C-3 targets that the rifle is out of class. That way we have a better idea of whats happening and can put it on the final monthly score sheet. :D
Your Marlin Mod. 60 is good for C-1 by you or anyone that wants to shoot in that class. Not restricted by experience or age now, just the rifle classification.
Thanks for looking in on the Fun Shoot Gang.
We are looking for a bunch of targets from you now that you can shoot all the classes. :cool:
SmallCal Bill

#43 ·

Savage made it difficult to classify that model.

But, C-2 is fine with the adjustable trigger and some are shooting them in C-1 since they are Box Stock Sporters. We don`t complain either way.
Have fun with it is the main goal here.
Thanks for asking and welcome to the Fun Shoot. :t
SmallCal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.