Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

May Fun Shoots

5K views 94 replies 7 participants last post by  COW 54 
#1 ·
Make a note of these, they will be the guide for all future Fun Shoots'
SmallCal.

RFC Fun Shoot; Classes and Rules
This Fun Shoot is for any RF cartridge rifle, to include the following, .22 RF, .22 Mag. , .17 RF.

All targets in each class are shot at 25 yards.

The (old) rules for Class 1 expired 4-30-09 and have been deleted. (This update to C-1 made 7-16 09)

Note that we will use three different classes of rifles for this shoot and from now on and these class rules will apply for all future Fun Shoots. Make a note of them.

(NEW Rules for Class 1 Fun Shoot as of 7-16-`09 SPECIAL ADDENDUM to C1 irons and scoped shoot. PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

This Class 1 Fun Shoot is reserved for beginners and novice of any age.
Targets will be generous and fairly easy to learn on.
Class 1. Box Stock HUNTING/PLINKING rifles only, NO target rifles allowed. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of a scope with variable power settings and shortening of the butt stock for fit to smaller shooters. Scope power will be assigned at the time of the shoot. Usually not more than 9X. Iron sighted rifles will use original sights or replacements like the original. Any rest is allowed except Machine Rest.
These modifications to this Class 1 shoot are implemented to allow older beginners and novice shooters to join in the Fun Shoot without the heavy competition of shooting against target type rifles and highly skilled shooters. Those rifles and shooters will go to Class 2 from now on. If you have questions, PM me direct. SmallCal

PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

SmallCal

(Unchanged)
Class 2; Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifles. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of adjustable scopes with the power setting assigned at each shoot, adjustable receiver sights, globe front sights, trigger modifications/replacement to lighten weight of pull but NO low end limit but must be safe. Barrel replacement of any design that doesn`t make your rifle exceed the weight limit of 10.5 lb. total weight. Stock modifications or replacement stocks that resemble thumbhole or sporting stocks which have a convex forend profile and horizontal width no greater than 2 inches wide are allowed.
If your Modified Sporting Rifle exceeds any one or more of the above limits, it will be in the higher Class 3 group.

(Unchanged)
Class 3; All of those rifles that were/are designed for the strict purpose of Bench Rest Shooting with unlimited modifications and all of those rifles that exceed any limits in the Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifle class.
This class can be divided into two sub classes of those bench rifles with scopes (unlimited power) and those with iron sights (unlimited type). This sight division will allow all of the super race guns to be included here.

If you are unsure of the class you should be in, go to the next higher class and state that on your score/target postings.
I do know that there will be some rifles that are so close to fitting into more than one category that its hard to tell where they should go. If in question, go up a class.

Post score as shown here.

RFC Alias,__________, First name__________
Score w/ bonus________,Class________,
Scope______________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,________, Ammo,_________
Weather conditions____________
Excuses__

We shoot these Fun Shoots WITHOUT a time limit and NO restrictions on ammo except in C 1 which is limited to ammo costing $4.00 or less per box of fifty rounds. Take your time and have fun.

Thanks.

I made the Class I's a little more liberal this month in hopes that some youth will get involved
Please PM me if any errors are found

Class I Scoped
Target here
http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/20020.pdf

Shoot one shot at each large bottom portion of the bottle.
Shots COMPLETELY in the white score 10 Pts.
Shots cutting the outline 5 Pts.
Shots outside 0 Pts.
9X Max scope setting
Possible high score 150 Pts.

Class I Irons
Target here
http://targets.s3.amazonaws.com/PDF/Bullseye1Multi.pdf

Shoot 3 shots at each black bull.
Shots completely in the black bull score 10 Pts.
Shots cutting the edge score 5 Pts.
Shots outside score 0 Pts.

Class II Scoped
Target here

Shoot one shot at each tapered section of the bottle.
Shots cutting the outline score 5 Pts.
12X Max scope setting

Class II Irons
Target here

Shoot 3 shots at each bull
Use scoring rings to score
Scoring gauge or plug may be used.
Score BEST edge.
Possible high score 150-15X

Class III Scoped
Target here

Shoot one shot at each neck portion of the bottle.
Shots cutting the outline score 5 Pts.
Unlimited scope setting

Class III Irons
Target here

Shoot 3 shots at each bull.
Use scoring rings to score.
Scoring gauge or plug may be used.
Score WORST edge.
Possible high score 150-15X

See less See more
#2 ·
First try this month :D

RFC Alias: Norwegianrimfire, First name: Øystein
Score w/ bonus: 150 ,Class C1 scoped,
Scope: Nikko Sterling 3-9x40 sett at 9x,
Rifle make: Voere, Ammo: CCI SV
Weather conditions: overcast and zero wind. Around 70F.
Excuses: No :cool:

Also shoot the C2 scoped with the same gun and ammo at the same target.

Score: 130
Excuses: Only 9x on my scope

The "rig" :cool:

#5 · (Edited)
Hay, it's May already...

I thought I'd be first, but NOoo!

Good shooting, Øystein :t

RFC Alias, COW 54, First name, Stan
Score w/ bonus, 150/150, Class 2 rifle class 2 target
Scope, Mueller 8.5x25 set on 12x
Rifle make, CZ 455 Scout, Ammo, SK Magazine
Weather conditions, 63 degrees, sunny day
Excuses, none (windy)

:F

#7 · (Edited)
Holy Cats range is hot.
Nice shooting guys, I see Oystein has a magic camo shooting mat " Ha".
Where is your Voere rifle made Oystein ??? I think Austria
I am going to give it a go this weekend weather man say's Sat. 10-15 mph SW wind
or Sun 5-10 wind NW....don't care going shooting.
@ my range I shoot my targets strait South.

I set up a iron sight rifle this week.

Am pumped "fur sure"

#10 · (Edited)
I measured the new targets neck at .2825 inches between the lines.

Jeez, that means for class 3 scoped rifle, that only leaves .0585 of an inch too squeeze in the bullet.

Open up a set of calipers to .0585, and check out how small that is!. It's less than a 1/16th of an inch

I'm predicting ZERO perfect scores.

Smooth

#12 ·
More distractions...

I got it on Thursday. It's my 5-year glad to be alive present.

Hope to have it in the fun shoots by the end of the month.

#16 · (Edited)
RFC Alias, Midwest Swiss, First name, Bret
Score, 150 Class____2____,
Scope BSA 4-16X set @ 12X
Rifle make, CZ 452 Varmint, Ammo, SK Std +
Weather conditions 52* a 5-15 mph wind
Excuses, "Well ya" wind from my back switching from one ear too the other.

Also shot a Class 3 target with my CZ Var. using a reject class 2 shot target
then did a ammo switch good for 95 pts.
Class 3 is a very tuff target I think I would rather shoot a USBR green monster target.

Fun morning at da range 'fur sure"

#18 · (Edited)
RFC Alias, Midwest Swiss, First name, Bret
Score, 150-11X Class____2____,
Factory OEM Iron sights
Rifle make, Izhmash Biathlon Basic 7-2 KO, Geco Rifle
Weather conditions 52* a 5-15 mph wind
Excuses, "Well ya" wind from my back switching from one ear too the other and
am kind of green with Iron sights , had too rely watch my wind flag then shoot fast
then wait.

My Iron sight beast.

I have a lot too learn using Iron sights.

#20 ·
You're off to some good starts this month, and we aren't even through the first week.
I shot the Tikka again last evening, we're still in the shakedown stages to find out what ammo it likes the best. I ran out of shooting time before I got any targets for this month's matches shot.
It shows great potential, both as a fun, reliable rifle, and an accurate one.

#22 ·
Second winther hit Norway today and I got 10 inches of fresh snow :rolleyes: But "I'll be back" :cool:
You have my sympathy, Øystein.. I think we're finally done with winter here on the east coast of Canada. Yesterday was 16° C and sunny, it really felt like spring after a long, cold winter.
I'm thinking your snow will be short lived at this time of year? We're on the western edge of the Gulf Stream, the warmer sea water keeps our air temperatures moderate. We still get some cold weather from the Arctic high pressure systems, but it's not sustained, deep-freeze cold.

I shoot all winter when the weather permits, the road to our range is kept cleared.
Having said that, I've found myself using snowshoes to get to the target from the firing line. We have a snowblower to clear a path on the skeet and trap fields, I shoot competitive shotgun also.

All part of living in the northern latitudes. Pretty soon we'll be into the black fly season, closely followed by mosquitoes.

#24 ·
Very nice shooting on all 3 targets Bret!!!:bthumb: And the Irons target looks fine. I have to get going here soon. Just so much d@#& yardwork at home and sisters and mother in laws. It wont stop growing now with sun and rain :eek: Thanks for joining in!!

#26 ·
RFC Alias, Shorty123 First name Jack
Score 150/150 Class I Irons
Iron sights Post & Blade
Rifle make Winchester 75 Sporter Ammo Federal 714
Weather conditions 65 & Cloudy & Windy

This old 1940 Winnie is such a joy to shoot. It seems like all you have to do is point it. It does the rest. Target was shot turned 90 degrees clockwise.

Attachments

#27 ·
RFC Alias, Shorty123 First name Jack
Score 150-8X Class II Irons
Iron sights Kimber 82G Sights
Rifle make CZ 452 Ammo SK+
Weather conditions 65 & Cloudy & WIndy

Target was shot turned 90 degrees counter clockwise. The bull in the lower right in this picture was plugged with a scoring gauge and plugged a 10.

Attachments

#30 ·
Thanks guys. I just put a new face on my bullet trap. An overlay. My trap is 2x10's with an open top and 3/4" plywood front and rear and filled with sand and a 1/2 inch steel plate behind it. I have never had a bullet come out of the trap and hit the steel though. Overkill I guess.

#31 ·
Score w/ bonus, 150/150, Class 2 rifle class 2 target (best edge)
Iron sights, Brno
Rifle make, CZ 452 UltraLux, Ammo, SK Rifle Match
Weather conditions, 83 degrees, sunny day
Excuses, none

I love the UltraLux . :bthumb:

Same rifle, class 3 target

Score w/ bonus, 150/150, Class 2 rifle class 3 target (worst edge)
Iron sights, Brno
Rifle make, CZ 452 UltraLux, Ammo, SK Rifle Match
Weather conditions, 83 degrees, sunny day
Excuses, none

(PS, Nice shooting, Jack :))

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.