Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-16-2019, 08:19 AM
bowwild

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Made a Trade Here

I just traded for a Weatherby Anschutz .17hmr from our classifieds here.

Looking forward to seeing and handling this rifle. I didn't know they existed until reading about them on this forum a month or so ago. I was shopping for a .22LR but I have several .22LRs and no .17HMRs. So, I thought this would be a nice addition to my squirrel arsenal.

The only negative I've read about these rifles is the bolt knob? Some type of synthetic? I may like it but just in case I need some research to see how and what to replace it with (metal).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Weatherby.jpg (146.8 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg Weatherby Bolt.jpg (155.8 KB, 91 views)
Old 04-16-2019, 02:25 PM
HUSHKABOOM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
I forgot just how nice those are! Thanks for the reminder and nice score!!
Old 04-16-2019, 02:59 PM
cabin22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congrats on your new gun! I bought the 22LR version when they first came out, and if I could shoot as well as the test target I'd be delighted. Still, it is my most accurate 22, although on any given day with any given ammo the CZ 452 is neck & neck with it. Regardless, it shoots well, and is simply a joy to look at.

The bolt know, Yes, it is synthetic something, but I never notice it when shooting. You probably won't either. Check this old review of the Mark XXII 17MHR version.

https://www.chuckhawks.com/weatherby_markXXII.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2019, 11:13 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice Wby/Ann seventeen.

I think if you're against the lighter weight material I believe it is possible that Anschutz North America ANA may have a blued metal duplicate. If you don't like the size then there are quite a few options. If it were me I'd leave it alone but to each his own as more than a few do replace their bolt knobs. Now getting it off is the tough part where a good deal of heat to soften the glue is needed and then probably a vise grips to start it turning and ruining the original knob.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:01 PM
bowwild

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I am prepared to be fine with the non-metal bolt handle. I haven't seen one of these rifles or the bolt in question.

By the way, the fellow I traded with is getting (today) a Colt Diamondback .38, 4" barrell revolver. My revolver is in excellent condition with zero blemishes or wear except for very light turn marks on the cylinder.

We are both quite satisfied with our trade.