Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

April Fun Shoots

5K views 97 replies 8 participants last post by  Norwegianrimfire 
#1 ·
Make a note of these, they will be the guide for all future Fun Shoots'
SmallCal.

RFC Fun Shoot; Classes and Rules
This Fun Shoot is for any RF cartridge rifle, to include the following, .22 RF, .22 Mag. , .17 RF.

All targets in each class are shot at 25 yards.

The (old) rules for Class 1 expired 4-30-09 and have been deleted. (This update to C-1 made 7-16 09)

Note that we will use three different classes of rifles for this shoot and from now on and these class rules will apply for all future Fun Shoots. Make a note of them.

(NEW Rules for Class 1 Fun Shoot as of 7-16-`09 SPECIAL ADDENDUM to C1 irons and scoped shoot. PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

This Class 1 Fun Shoot is reserved for beginners and novice of any age.
Targets will be generous and fairly easy to learn on.
Class 1. Box Stock HUNTING/PLINKING rifles only, NO target rifles allowed. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of a scope with variable power settings and shortening of the butt stock for fit to smaller shooters. Scope power will be assigned at the time of the shoot. Usually not more than 9X. Iron sighted rifles will use original sights or replacements like the original. Any rest is allowed except Machine Rest.
These modifications to this Class 1 shoot are implemented to allow older beginners and novice shooters to join in the Fun Shoot without the heavy competition of shooting against target type rifles and highly skilled shooters. Those rifles and shooters will go to Class 2 from now on. If you have questions, PM me direct. SmallCal

PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

SmallCal

(Unchanged)
Class 2; Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifles. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of adjustable scopes with the power setting assigned at each shoot, adjustable receiver sights, globe front sights, trigger modifications/replacement to lighten weight of pull but NO low end limit but must be safe. Barrel replacement of any design that doesn`t make your rifle exceed the weight limit of 10.5 lb. total weight. Stock modifications or replacement stocks that resemble thumbhole or sporting stocks which have a convex forend profile and horizontal width no greater than 2 inches wide are allowed.
If your Modified Sporting Rifle exceeds any one or more of the above limits, it will be in the higher Class 3 group.

(Unchanged)
Class 3; All of those rifles that were/are designed for the strict purpose of Bench Rest Shooting with unlimited modifications and all of those rifles that exceed any limits in the Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifle class.
This class can be divided into two sub classes of those bench rifles with scopes (unlimited power) and those with iron sights (unlimited type). This sight division will allow all of the super race guns to be included here.

If you are unsure of the class you should be in, go to the next higher class and state that on your score/target postings.
I do know that there will be some rifles that are so close to fitting into more than one category that its hard to tell where they should go. If in question, go up a class.

Post score as shown here.

RFC Alias,__________, First name__________
Score w/ bonus________,Class________,
Scope______________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,________, Ammo,_________
Weather conditions____________
Excuses__

We shoot these Fun Shoots WITHOUT a time limit and NO restrictions on ammo except in C 1 which is limited to ammo costing $4.00 or less per box of fifty rounds. Take your time and have fun.

Thanks.

I made the Class I's a little more liberal this month in hopes that some youth will get involved
Please PM me if any errors are found

Class I Scoped
Target here
http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/20027.pdf

Shoot one shot at each Glass globe part of the bulb.
Shots inside the globe 10 points
Shots cutting the edge 5 points
Shots outside 0 points
Max scope setting 8X
Max points 150

Class I Irons
Target here
http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/10124.pdf

Shoot 10 shots at the black center diamond
Shots inside the diamond 10 points
Shots outside o points
Max score 100 points

Class II Scoped
Target here

Shoot one shot at each bottom threaded part of bulb
Shots inside the threads 10 points
Shots outside 0 points
Max scope setting 12X
Max points 150

Class II Irons
Target here
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/6-diamonds.pdf

Shoot 2 shots at each diamond black included
Shots inside the diamond 10 points
Shots outside 0 points
Max score 150 points with bonus
***Bonus available*** If both shots are in the white, add 5 points bonus for that diamond

Class III Scoped
Target here

Shoot one shot at each bulb filament
Shots cutting both filament wires 10 points
Shots cutting 1 filament wire 5 points
Shots outside 0 points
Scope unlimited
Max score 150

Class III Irons
Target here
http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/20035.pdf

Shoot 2 shots at each balloon
Shots inside 10 points
Shots cutting edge 5 points
Shots outside 0 points
Balloons may be colored for visibility
Max score 200 points

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Scoring clarification questions:

"Cut both filaments".

Photos coming.
So this isnt' the best example of my question but it will do. I think you can score a "10" by punching out the tip.
Imagine if the shot was further right and took out the connection dot where the two filaments converge. I'd score that as a (2).

In this example, I nicked the upper filament but I didn't "Cut" it. I'd score it as a (5).

pmpski_1 and I both shot a target today on our new 25yd target stand (forget to take a photo), and I'd like to clarify these two questions before we post.
We both had a blast building it (after a few re-do's :)), and found it to be a lot of fun to shoot.

Smooth

#12 ·
Good shooting, Jack... Those balloons are a bear to hit cleanly.

...and you did it well!

:F

#15 · (Edited)
The finished stand.
A nice Dude that I didn't know was nice enough to show how to carry the stand using the built in hand holds. Stand weighs less than 20#.
Out at 25yds.

RFC Alias Smoothtrigger First name Smooth:)
Score 130/150 Class III Scoped.
Scope NightForce 15-55x Competition
Rifle make Anschutz 1727F-22 CISM. Ammo Lapua Center-X.
Weather conditions 65° with a 3-5mph L to R wind.

The stand was built on Sunday, and my shooting buddy and I shot one target each after sighting in.

We both thought that you only had to nick the filament. So we thought he only had one 5 and I had two 5's, and a couple of zeros.
Then I re-read the rules. My score dropped to a 110, and I don't know where his ended up.

Anyway today I shot 2 targets.
The 1st one was a hybrid sighting-in/score target that ended up scoring a 115 including one zero.

The second one is shown above.
I was shooting with another friend, and we both thought the shot scored in red was a 10 because both of the filaments would both be dangly free from the contact point, and the other filament.
In other words cut.

I changed it to a 5 because I'm not sure everyone on this thread would agree.
I'd like to hear what others think.

Rifle pictured as shot.

#16 ·
Nice shooting Smooth. Real nice! Thanks for joining in. We usually copy and paste the info grid and fill it out so people know what rifle and scope and ammo used. Your choice.

RFC Alias,__________, First name__________
Score w/ bonus________,Class________,
Scope______________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,________, Ammo,_________
Weather conditions____________
Excuses__

#17 ·
RFC Alias Shorty123 First name Jack
Score 200/200 Class III Irons
Iron sights Olympic
Rifle make Win. 52D Ammo SK+
Weather conditions 50 & Sunny & Breezy

Here's a rifle that hasn't seen the light of day in years. Had to go way back in the safe for it. Still remembers what to do if I drive it right.

Attachments

#18 ·
I'll change the info area a bit later today. I'm just heading out the door.
I tried following the temp plate, but it looked somewhat jammed up to me.
However I'll get it fixed.

What did you think about bull #10?
Do you thinks it's a 5 or a 10?

Nice shooting with 2 perfect Iron Sight scores using 2 different rifles!!

Smooth

#21 ·
Good shooting Jack and Smooth...

You guys are setting the pace.. Looks like Thursday I'll get to shoot a little.

I'm undecided whether to take my 10/22 or Mossberg Plinkster . :eek:

#22 · (Edited)
Thanks Stan!

RFC Alias Shorty123 First name Jack
Score 120/150 Class II Irons
Iron sights, Kimber
Rifle make, 452 Trainer Ammo, SK+
Weather conditions Sunny & 45 & Blow your hat off windy.:eek: R to L.

I picked up my first CZ this week. An early 452 trainer. I had been watching it for a month or more at a local pawn shop. Missing front sight hood and rear tangent sight. He finally caved to my offer. Had a junk Chinese rifle scope on it with no AO. I tried to shoot a Class I scoped yesterday with it but it was all over the place. I pulled the scope and threw it in the trash. I shot a real nice Iron sights sighter target last evening with it so I think its a keeper. Might try another target with it if I get time after I shoot the scoped targets.

Attachments

#23 ·
RFC Alias: Norwegianrimfire, First name: Øystein
Score w/ bonus: 75, Class: 2 Scope(the gun is a C3 with silencer, so i shoot without),
Scope: Zeiss 5-25x50 set at 15x, Iron sights: No
Rifle make: Walther, Ammo: Eley Club from the 80s
Weather conditions: Sun and vind.
Excuses: Old ammo(got some funny reports from the gun sound), and shot at 55 yards not 25 yards :rolleyes:

#28 ·
Good shooting Jack, and Øystein...

Nothing but rain around here. :eek:

Good weather coming in July, I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.