Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

March Fun Shoots

5K views 70 replies 6 participants last post by  Shorty123 
#1 · (Edited)
Make a note of these, they will be the guide for all future Fun Shoots'
SmallCal.

RFC Fun Shoot; Classes and Rules
This Fun Shoot is for any RF cartridge rifle, to include the following, .22 RF, .22 Mag. , .17 RF.

All targets in each class are shot at 25 yards.

The (old) rules for Class 1 expired 4-30-09 and have been deleted. (This update to C-1 made 7-16 09)

Note that we will use three different classes of rifles for this shoot and from now on and these class rules will apply for all future Fun Shoots. Make a note of them.

(NEW Rules for Class 1 Fun Shoot as of 7-16-`09 SPECIAL ADDENDUM to C1 irons and scoped shoot. PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

This Class 1 Fun Shoot is reserved for beginners and novice of any age.
Targets will be generous and fairly easy to learn on.
Class 1. Box Stock HUNTING/PLINKING rifles only, NO target rifles allowed. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of a scope with variable power settings and shortening of the butt stock for fit to smaller shooters. Scope power will be assigned at the time of the shoot. Usually not more than 9X. Iron sighted rifles will use original sights or replacements like the original. Any rest is allowed except Machine Rest.
These modifications to this Class 1 shoot are implemented to allow older beginners and novice shooters to join in the Fun Shoot without the heavy competition of shooting against target type rifles and highly skilled shooters. Those rifles and shooters will go to Class 2 from now on. If you have questions, PM me direct. SmallCal

PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

SmallCal

(Unchanged)
Class 2; Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifles. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of adjustable scopes with the power setting assigned at each shoot, adjustable receiver sights, globe front sights, trigger modifications/replacement to lighten weight of pull but NO low end limit but must be safe. Barrel replacement of any design that doesn`t make your rifle exceed the weight limit of 10.5 lb. total weight. Stock modifications or replacement stocks that resemble thumbhole or sporting stocks which have a convex forend profile and horizontal width no greater than 2 inches wide are allowed.
If your Modified Sporting Rifle exceeds any one or more of the above limits, it will be in the higher Class 3 group.

(Unchanged)
Class 3; All of those rifles that were/are designed for the strict purpose of Bench Rest Shooting with unlimited modifications and all of those rifles that exceed any limits in the Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifle class.
This class can be divided into two sub classes of those bench rifles with scopes (unlimited power) and those with iron sights (unlimited type). This sight division will allow all of the super race guns to be included here.

If you are unsure of the class you should be in, go to the next higher class and state that on your score/target postings.
I do know that there will be some rifles that are so close to fitting into more than one category that its hard to tell where they should go. If in question, go up a class.

Post score as shown here.

RFC Alias,__________, First name__________
Score w/ bonus________,Class________,
Scope______________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,________, Ammo,_________
Weather conditions____________
Excuses__

We shoot these Fun Shoots WITHOUT a time limit and NO restrictions on ammo except in C 1 which is limited to ammo costing $4.00 or less per box of fifty rounds. Take your time and have fun.

Thanks.

Class I Scoped
Target here
http://www.mytargets.com/target106 grid x4.pdf

Shoot 5 shots at each Red Bull
Shots completely in Red 10 Pts.
Shots cutting into white 5 Pts.
Shots out of Red 0 Pts.
Max Scope power 8X
Max score 200 Pts.

Class I Irons
Target here
http://www.mytargets.com/target102gs grid square center.pdf

Shoot 10 shots at square
Shots completely in dark 10 Pts.
Shots cutting white 5 Pts.
Shots completely in white 0 Pts.
Max score 100 Pts.

Class II Scoped
Target here
http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/20008.pdf

Shoot 1 shot at each Star
Shots completely in red 10 Pts.
Shots cutting white 5 Pts.
Shots in white 0 Pts.
Max scope power 12X
Max points 240

Class II Irons
Target here
http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/20035.pdf

Shoot 2 shots at each balloon
Shots completely in balloon 10 Pts.
Shots cutting outside of balloon 5 Pts.
Shots in the white 0 Pts.
Balloons may be colored for visibility
Max score 200 Pts.

Class III Scoped
Target here
http://www.mytargets.com/Target30.pdf

Shoot 3 shots at each red bull
Shots completely in bull 10 Pts.
Shots cutting black 5 Pts.
Shots missing Red 0 Pts.
Max score 120 Pts.
Max scope unlimited

Class III Irons
Target here
http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/10136.pdf

Shoot 3 Shots at each Bull
Shots completely in white 10 Pts.
Shots cutting black 5 Pts.
Shots all in black 0 Points
Max score 120 Pts.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

See less See more
#36 · (Edited)
RFC Alias Shorty123 First name Jack
Score w/ bonus 120/120 Class III Irons
Iron sights Redfield Olympic
Rifle make Rem. 40X S.B. Ammo SK+
Weather conditions 45 & Sunny & Windy

I found my container of inserts. :bthumb:What a difference it makes having the correct insert. I was going to shoot the Class 2&3 Scoped today but am going to hold off. Wind is starting to howl. Up to 40 MPH later today:eek:

Attachments

#37 ·
Nice shooting Jack, Looks like you found the right combination. :bthumb:

Best look out for the coming weather though, Not looking good on the east side of the Mississippi River. Lots of rain gathering.
Still way to cold and windy here for me to get out to shoot.

SmallCal

#38 ·
Jack, you took 'em all home! . :bthumb:

I tore up the man-cave but finally found a stash of 13mm inserts I can make do with for the new rifle. It came with 1 insert and a full card of Lee Shaver inserts. I don't like the Lee Shaver inserts, not enough contrast.

:F

#39 ·
Thanks Bill and I hope your weather improves.:bthumb:

I don't like Lee Shaver's either Stan. I don't know why they cant put some more metal into them like the originals. I have set for the Olympic's and don't use them. I have 3 original's and go to them.

#42 ·
Nice shooting, Jack . :bthumb:

I went to the range to celebrate Pi day

RFC Alias, COW 54, First name, Stan
Score w/ bonus, 215/240, Class 2 rifle,
Scope, Mueller 8.5-25, set on 12
Rifle make, CZ 455 UltraLux, Ammo, Wolf Match Target (old stock made by SK)
Weather conditions, 50 degrees, overcast
Excuses, nope!

It's harder than it looks!

I've had this for about 4 months now. It's coming along nicely..

The bottom one :)

#43 ·
Nice shooting guys, I got to the range myself today and shot a target. With any luck I'll get it scored and posted tomorrow. The weather has definitely improved here, the snow is really taking a beating from sun and wind.
If it stays warm I'll be able to put the biathlon ammo away for the season lol.

#47 ·
Good shooting, Sean . :bthumb:

I went to the range today to use up my partial boxes of ammo that I've had in the range bag.
10 Wolf, 15 AutoMatch, 25 Aguila Target, and most of a box of Fiocchi SM320.

There was much BS to shoot. I held up my end...

#48 ·
The CZ got a new stable-mate yesterday. When I went to bed last night there was some cooing from the safe, one in a sexy Czech accent, the other was a soft Alabama drawl, Huntsville to be exact. I think they'll get along fine..

RFC Alias Chilly807, First name Sean
Score 90/100 ,Class C1 irons
Rifle Marlin M-60, Ammo CCI Blazer
Weather conditions overcast and cool @ -1C
Excuses "That trigger has to be 7 lbs!"

I've been wanting to get more into the "fun" side of rimfire shooting, and this match is a great way to do it.
The iron-sighted Marlin was the next step, though at some point I'll drop a scope on it and kit the trigger to see what it's really capable of. Sweet little rifle, I have to admit I really like being able to stay on target and not work a bolt between shots. Lazy old man.. lol.

My eyes aren't what they used to be, so the irons are a little fuzzy, but that's ok.
If the weather cooperates, I'll shoot the C2 and C3 iron targets this month too. By the time I got the rifle unboxed, cleaned and sighted in yesterday my wife was getting itchy feet. That's probably because it was too cold for her to shoot. I have a bad feeling I may have to borrow "her rifle" once she tries it.

#49 ·
Nice Target Sean!!! The one flyer got you. Thanks for joining in! My 60 has a heavy trigger too. Your right about us lazy old fellows not having to work the bolt and the old eyes. I have a 1980 squirrel stock model and I will probably shoot it next month. Stay warm.

#50 ·
bad weather

Shorty,
I might get to shoot a target before the end of summer. Nothing but cold, windy and rain in my area for now and I have a hard time dealing with it.
You guys keep shooting and posting the targets. Lots of nice shooting by the current posters. :bthumb:
I'm watching on the sideline.
SmallCal

#51 ·
Good shooting, Sean . :bthumb:

I hope to get another target or two before the end of the month.

Last week I was in heavy fleece and a jacket, today I'm wearing a Hawaiian shirt and no jacket. Go figure...

#52 ·
Thanks guys. I hope your weather improves, Bill.
We've had a few nice days but it's still cold at night here. Rain and flurries forecast for this week.

I shot the C2 irons target today, getting a bit better feel for the Marlin. A little larger aiming point would have helped I think, I should have shaded the whole balloon, not just half.
I'll get it scored and posted tomorrow.

#54 · (Edited)
RFC Alias Chilly807, First name Sean
Score 160/200 ,Class C2 irons
Rifle Marlin M-60, Ammo CCI SV
Weather conditions sunny and breezy @ +6 C
Excuses "Target frame swaying side to side! "

That's probably my last entry for this month, the rest of it is looking busy. Shotgun competition season is starting here soon and the long range rifle game is ramping up again. Too much fun, not enough time!

#55 ·
Nice job on a tough Target Sean. Not much to aim at with open sights. You and the Marlin did fine! Thanks!! Stop in again next month. Concerning Shotgun competition, I talked to an old friend Wednesday who has a new Kreigoff coming. 3 barrel set. 56 G's. Wow:eek: He wore the old one out. He travels all over to compete. Has done very good at Vandalia when he was younger.

#56 ·
I hear you about worn-out shotguns.. one of mine was worn-out when I bought it, mid 80s SKB O/U. Sweet old thing, it's officially my wet-weather gun, which I unofficially shoot better than my fine-weather gun. Figures.. lol

56k is a lot of scratch for a gun, but if you've got it, why not? Life can be short.

#57 ·
Another nice day, but it's raining now.

RFC Alias, COW 54, First name, Stan
Score w/ bonus, 195/200, Class 2 rifle,
Iron sights, Brno
Rifle make, CZ 452 Trainer (#2), Ammo, SK Std +
Weather conditions, 62 degrees, overcast
Excuses, Colors outside the lines, runs with scissors.

The rifle

MAN, those little balloons are hard to get a sight picture of...

#59 · (Edited)
Right back atcha..

:bthumb: :D

That particular 452 was a pawn shop rescue. I got it nine? years ago.

It's one of my best shooters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.