Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Greenville SC .22lr fun match

1K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  Quest 
#1 ·
The Greenville Gun Club in Greenville SC is hosting a .22lr bench rest fun match this coming Sunday, Feb 3. Gates open at 8:30 am. The public is welcome to attend. First time and Jr shooters shoot for free. Others $10.

Two events both from a front bench rest with no rear bag. 1) 50 yards, with iron sights at 15 hanging swinging steel silhouettes of various shapes and sizes. 2) 100 yards with any sights (scope highly suggested) at 15 hanging swinging steel silhouettes. Each shooter will shoot the course 3 or 4 times. Bring at least 100 rounds of ammo. Bring your 10/22, bring your old Winchester 52, bring your bench rest 22.

It's a fun shoot. You hit the target it goes 'clang' If it's a small one, like a 1 inch square, it swings around the bar. More instant gratification than mere mortals can stand.

So if you're a plinker with dad's old squirrel gun or a serious bench rest shooter with a $10k rig, come on out.

#2 ·
Match Results

We had a big turn out for such a new event. There were about 15 shooters and about 20 observers.

Results 50 yards, iron sights:

One young lady (yes a new shooter, teenage girl) won this part of the match. This is just one more indication of something I've always known... Girls are natural smallbore shooters. Boys have to work at it. And I need eye surgery!

Results 100 yards, any sights:

We don't really declare a 'winner' but one person shot a 58 out of 60. A bunch of shooters shot so very well with 10/22's. There was even a vintage lefty T-bolt, a 77/22, a Sako Quad, a couple of Winchester 52's, a Winchester 63, a Martini BSA, A REMINGTON 40x, a Winchester 69A and more.

They all did well and most of all, it's a fun time.

These matches will be on the first Sunday of most months. You can come and be serious or as stated before have fun with Grandpa's old squirrel gun. Oh, bring Grandpa, grandma, mom, dad, the kids, the grandkids, etc... The match format works well for beginners and old dead-eye camp perry vets.

#3 ·
.22lr fun match - March 3 - Greenville Gun Club

Check it out in the previous two posts. Greenville Gun Club, in yes you guessed it, lovely Greenville, SC, is hosting this on Sunday March 3.

It's a fun match. There's plinking rifles, and everything on up to and including bench rest guns. Come out and just have fun. Bring your shooting age kids or grandkids.

Or come out and be serious with your best gear. We've got those types here too.

It's hanging steel silhouettes, some from official beginnings and some that are postage stamp size things to baffle and frustrate you.

Ok just to make it interesting, I'm going to offer you a bet. Yes, I'll bet you one million nothings that you can't bring your 10/22 bench gun, your bolt action bench gun, your Anschutz, your 40x, your 52, your Marlin 39, etc... And shoot a perfect 60.

You know you can't resist this challenge. Gates open at 8:30 am. The event starts about 10:00 am.

Hope to see you there, my friends!!!

#4 ·
.22 Rimfire Fun Match Sunday October 6

Our Greenville Gun Club .22 Rimfire (.22Long Rifle only) fun matches are going strong. They are held the first Sunday of most months. There will be one on 10/6/2019. Read all my earlier messages for more details and come on out.

Greenville Gun Club
Greenville SC

Get directions and other info from our website: www.greenvillegunclub.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.