Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Triggers

4K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  StanHi 
#1 ·
Is that ruger trigger much better than the one that came in the gun ?

#24 ·
Over the years, I have installed in 10/22's triggers from Volquartsen, Power Custom, Timney, Brimstone Tier 3, Kidd, and Ruger BX triggers. To date, the ones with the least creep and positive letoff are the Kidd (drop in trigger job kit) and the BX. Now I do have to admit that I had pretty good luck of the draw with the BX's. Two of them are just a hair over 2 lbs, and the third one is 1 lb, 14 ounces. The Kidd (I've used 2 of those) triggers are the best, with the BX's not too far behind. All the rest of them had more creep than I was happy with. The Brimstone I did not have good luck with. When I got it, I had to send it back to Brimstone because it wouldn't reset. They fixed it, but it really didn't impress me like I thought it should. It really wasn't any better than a Power Custom/Volquartsen/Timney trigger. Now, this was a Tier Three, and maybe the Tier Two is better. But all of my BX's have worked flawlessly, and the Kidd is simply the best trigger anyone makes.

#25 ·
Forgot to mention earlier that my BX trigger was a full 3lbs which is heavier than most other guys on this site from what I've read.

I was jealous when my cousin ordered a BX for his old 10/22 and it came with a 2.1lb pull. :rolleyes:
But I still might have ordered the KIDD anyway. :)
At least he's got nothing on me anymore, lol.

#27 ·
+1 on the Kidd, in my case the single stage. Set at 1lb/9oz it’s a wonderful trigger. My second best was sticking Volquartsen parts into my old aluminum trigger housing. That one was very good at under 2# but felt a bit “soft” compared to the Kidd. You do get what you pay for....except I’ve not tried a BX trigger.

#28 ·
IMO, the BX triggers don't hold a candle to the Brimstone. The BX is better than the stock trigger. But the Brimstone is in a different league. If you want a bench gun, the Kidd might be worth it. I shoot NRL22 with the Kidd; it is unbelievably fantastic. The Brimstone is in my carbine/plinker and does well. I've found it to be 5X better than my BX at 2X the cost.

You can add real value if you buy parts and install them yourself; very easy. There are several good options for parts.

Beware, once I handled a fine trigger there is no going back. Now I need good triggers on everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.