Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CCI acccuracy

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Toomany22s 
#1 ·
Which of the two seems to provide better accuracy. 17gr poly tip or 17 gr TNT jacked hollow point ?

#6 ·
I'm going to hold with this. I always had differences lot to lot more so than one brand/weight to the next. The best I had were a few boxes of 15.5gr Hornady and a couple 17gr CCI. And I had boxes of the same stuff that were nowhere near as good. Have not shot my 17 enough in the last few years, and feel like I need to get back to playing with it again.

#3 ·
I agree that it is related to the quality of the batch of ammunition that you buy on a given day...but, I also think that the accuracy partly depends on the rifle that you shoot. My Marlin 917V always prefers V-Tip ammo, regardless of the brand stamped on the label. Others here have better success with TNT ammo. I have tried every brand/bullet type available over the years, and my particular rifle prefers Federal V-Tip ammo, even though it is made by CCI.

#4 ·
It's Wednesday morning at CCI on the shop floor.

Hey Bob... what're we doing today?

Have an order for a half million rounds of Federal 17 grain TNT.
You know what that means. Swap out the CCI headstamps for the Federals.
Load the labeling machines with the Federal labels and let's get moving.
Half a million rounds aren't going to make themselves.
How are we looking on supplies?

We're good Bob, powder, primer, brass and bullets delivered on Friday.
Same stuff we were using yesterday, ready to rock as soon as I finish locking these headstamps.

There ya' go, just another day at CCI/ Speer. :D

#5 ·
It's Wednesday morning at CCI on the shop floor.

Hey Bob... what're we doing today?

Have an order for a half million rounds of Federal 17 grain TNT.
You know what that means. Swap out the CCI headstamps for the Federals.
Load the labeling machines with the Federal labels and let's get moving.
Half a million rounds aren't going to make themselves.
How are we looking on supplies?

We're good Bob, powder, primer, brass and bullets delivered on Friday.
Same stuff we were using yesterday, ready to rock as soon as I finish locking these headstamps.

There ya' go, just another day at CCI/ Speer. :D
I don't care who you are, THAT's funny.....:bthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.