Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Federal 17 HMR $5.49 a box

6K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Signalman 
#1 ·
Yes that's correct. $5.49 a box with free shipping with a purchase of $100. Plus Federal has a rebate too. :eek:

Reeds Family Sporting goods in Little Falls MN

1-800-346-0019

I bought 4 bricks.

They have a bunch...

#3 ·
It’s been quite a while since I have posted. I would like to just say, is always a pleasure to be able to get some good information from this community. Thanks everyone. I am glad this opportunity has presented itself. I now have a good supply of 22 mag and 17HMR. I think the ammunition manufactures must have gotten ahead of themselves. I think this is a sign of things to come. Keep your powder dry.

#10 ·
Federal 17 HMR

Apparently The Federal is gone. I ordered 4 items last night, including a brick of Federal, and it showed on my order. Today, I got a tracking number, and there is only 3 items showing. The Federal has been deleted. Luckily, I got 2 bricks on an earlier order. Got a brick of the CCI coming.

#15 ·
Apparently The Federal is gone. I ordered 4 items last night, including a brick of Federal, and it showed on my order. Today, I got a tracking number, and there is only 3 items showing. The Federal has been deleted.
I went to Reeds site, they don't show the Federal 17hmr. :confused:
Sold out??
Yes the Federal HMR 17 is gone.
After reading the above post about the order going changed and deleted, I got nervous.

However, I got my confirmation "Your order has been shipped" email a couple hours ago, so apparently I got in under the wire yesterday.

Out of curiosity, I did go back to Reeds website, and sure enough, the Federal ammo is no more.

They still have CCI at the same price, but no rebate like Federal.

#20 · (Edited)
I received my order of 20 grain Game Points a couple of days ago. I let them sit in the house until today so they could warm back up. It was 17 degrees Fahrenheit when I picked them up from my front porch after work, and they had been riding around in a cold delivery truck all day. The packaging from Reeds Sports is very tight, and and by the looks of the heavy mil plastic it is wrapped with, it would lead one to believe it would be better left alone until ready to actually shoot. But my curiosity got the best of me so I opened the box.

Out of a 40 box case of ammo, 1 box was destroyed, and 3 were cracked to the point that I have a reason to go fiddle with 200 rounds right away! I have never shot the 20 grain bullets before. however, from what I have researched it seems that they would be the least destructive, if you discount the FMJ version, and also the most penetrating, while being able to impart a good amount of shock to a larger animal than a ground squirrel than the rest of the other offerings. I can say that I probably would not use the 20 grain Game Piont or Hornady XTP bullet (same thing) as my first choice for coyote hunting, but I would use it within limitations for that purpose.

The date code on the side of the box is M03X12 which I believe to be December 29, 2018. That would make this ammo hot off the assembly line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.